Thread: Standing Power Chair Recommendations?

Question Standing Power Chair Recommendations?

It's that time again - time for a new chair, it's been 10 years and Danny's Permobil C500 has served him well. We are looking into a standing power chair and would appreciate any advice from anyone! I've been researching The Standing Company, Levo, Permobil and Redman. He will be using this as his primary (only chair really) chair, and we are hoping that he will be able to stand for long periods of time, like behind his counter at his shop, and while out and about, etc. The ultimate would be if it had 4WD (for hunting, etc., ), but realistically if it is rugged, durable and comfortable would be great. At the same time, on a side note, we are shopping for a wheelchair-accessible pick-up truck - it's time for a new vehicle again too. Wow, exciting stuff! Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

I too am looking into a standing chair, but manual. I have absolutely no experience with them so I can't offer much advice other than you named all the big players. I contacted The Standing Company and their rep. is suppose to stop by sometime "early" this year so I can demo one.

As for a 4x4 truck, have you considered a Quigley?

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty happy with my Balder Finesse, and their Liberty has rear wheel drive and is billed as for "rugged outdoor use." http://balderamerica.com/liberty.html

I picked the Balder because it can get the lowest floor to seat height, which was important to me. If I remember correctly, one or two of the others didn't even have seat elevation, which was kind of incomprehensible to me.

Wow, we never even heard of Balder. Looks great - but I can't tell if the Liberty is a power stander also. It's tough because we have several things that are equally important . . . 1) power, 2) stander, 3) rear-wheel-driven. Please tell me more! Thanks!

Lazierdog - never heard of the Quigley - but we will check it out - thanks. I am just having a hard time believing that a center/mid driven chair (like the Levo C3) wouldn't work with a 4wd truck (sigh) . . . I always have had trouble taking "no" for an answer. The local Levo rep DID recommend a company/chair to us that I have never heard of before . . .Motion Concepts? He said they are the only company he knows of that has a rear-wheel-drive power stander. This is the brochure, http://www.motionconcepts.com/pp_stander_new.html but listed on there is "rear wheel storm series" that you have to request a quote for. But - we learned of the Bounder off-road, rear-wheel-drive . . .http://www.wheelchairs.com/ - anybody ever heard of these guys?