Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: terri schiavo story should be part of the rally

terri schiavo story should be part of the rally

schiavo story is a true example of the eagered lynch mobb mentality of doctors willing to kill vs cure. no problem by doctors to say no, never, and impossible to help this woman. same arguement used to keep us paralyzed.
    a few years ago i was frustraded how researchers were able to replace brain cells in the damage brain but couldn't do the same in the spinal cord. ok, replace schiavo brain cell. will it hurt her? will injecting neural stem cell kill her?
    its sad and warp how arrogant MOST doctors are when it comes to understanding and determining what can live and what can not.

I don't agree...I think they ought to let the poor girl go. I'd hope someone would do the same for me.

Well, I guess we should let everyone go who is fed by a feeding tube, or for that matter anyone who cannot feed themselves

We could do away with thousands of people even here on CC. What do you think?

Where would you draw the line vike?

I know I would be arrested if I stopped feeding my quadriplegic son.....it's abusive, period.

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

That's not it at all. She told her husband that she never wanted to be that way and not to leave her on life support. She is essentially brain dead...why let her exist like that. That isn't living. Believe me, if there was a glimmer of hope I'd be all for it, but there isn't. Let her die with the shred of dignity she has left.

Originally posted by Vike:

That's not it at all. She told her husband that she never wanted to be that way and not to leave her on life support. She is essentially brain dead...why let her exist like that. That isn't living. Believe me, if there was a glimmer of hope I'd be all for it, but there isn't. Let her die with the shred of dignity she has left.
    how do you know there isn't a glimmer of hope?

this issue is very sad. CONGRESS should NOT be in on this. Tyhis case is Very blown out of proportion!

Take your hands off my MOJO

Originally posted by Vike:

She is not on life support, unless you consider nourishment life support

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Let her have access to the therapies that some doctors say may help her [and her husband denied her] and go from there.

I do agree with Liz, though. Congress needs to step out of it.

-Steven
    ...right or wrong my song is strong, ya don't like it get a-long

It is murder to spot feeding her---plain and simple. To kill her takes away her constitutional right to life.

[This message was edited by chastev8 on 03-18-05 at 08:15 PM.]

What if this is her wish? Then her husband is carrying that wish out. Her problem, like so many of us, is that she never had an advanced directive or living will. I know I don't. I've told everyone I know my wish not to be kept "alive" like this poor woman, but without that piece of paper, I could exist like she has. That is wrong. Even if I was fully cognant of my surroundings, I would want to be released from that hell. Now Congress wants to intervene on a matter that clearly belongs on the state level. I can't believe you all would want to "live" like this. I'd hate to have my final wishes in anybody's hands that believes that.