Thread: Ab workout?

Ab workout?

Ive been aggressively working out for about a year and over the last few weeks I'm starting to notice ab muscles just below my sternum. I'm assuming they might be getting worked while I'm doing lat pull downs for my back. I'm intrigued to focus on them a bit more now and I'm wondering if anyone has been successful with any ab workout routines form your chair. I don't favor getting in the floor since my butt is too bony and I'm 2 yrs. post isch flap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Not much you can do in the chair.. sidebends at a table( click the workout link in my signature for some ides)... You can do things in bed, no need to get on floor. Do you eat properly? Proper diet will allow you to see the abs, otherwise, they will be covered by a layer of fat, regardless of what exercises you do.
    Last edited by roc21; 01-24-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Thank you so much Roc21. Yes, I eat very clean and workout pretty aggressively. I've just never focused on my abs too much. Your link helps a lot. I appreciate your response.

When I ride my hand cycle I try to push forward with my ABs every stroke, works great.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    When I ride my hand cycle I try to push forward with my ABs every stroke, works great.
    I was just out in the garage looking at my 3 flat tires on my hand bike. Can't wait for spring time so I can ride the ada trails around the lakes here.

My son does crunches while in bed. He's a c6/7 and does around 200 crunches a day.
    He has very good trunk control and virtually no quad belly and has regained the ability to suck in his stomach. Also, NO sugar or very little sugar. Hope this helps.