Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parsley Tea and UTI I used to have

Parsley Tea and UTI I used to have

I'm high level paraplegic, performing intermittent self cath probably 5 times daily.

I've literally been battling the same UTI for more than 1 year. Be VERY VERY careful of UTIs, I passed out last year because my biochemistry was so messed up. My doctor at the time said to me..."forget the culture, if you have two indicators" (i.e. red blood cells + incontinence OR red blood cells + white blood cells) "we treat it."

OK. To make a LONG story short, I was on bactrim, I was on ciproflaxin, it always kept coming back....cranberry would relieve the symptoms for a time, only to have the test strips show up positive a week later. Then I found PARSLEY TEA...!!!!

Two weeks, one cup morning and night, and continued at night thereafter. My test strips are COMPLETELY negative....not "trace" Not "One indicator is OK." I'm talking NEGATIVE.

http://www.simple-remedies.com/home-...y-for-uti.html

Give it a try, and monitor it yourself with test strips from the pharmacy. It worked for my situation, it might work for you

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    I'm high level paraplegic, performing intermittent self cath probably 5 times daily.

I've literally been battling the same UTI for more than 1 year. Be VERY VERY careful of UTIs, I passed out last year because my biochemistry was so messed up. My doctor at the time said to me..."forget the culture, if you have two indicators" (i.e. red blood cells + incontinence OR red blood cells + white blood cells) "we treat it."

OK. To make a LONG story short, I was on bactrim, I was on ciproflaxin, it always kept coming back....
    I haven't tried parsley tea but the first part of your post sounds so much like my situation it's eerie. Basically, everything you said, word for word, applies to me. (I didn't pass out yet but I did have to be hospitalized). The exact same bug, with exact same drugs (among others). I don't really get why the doctors keep prescribing antibiotics that just don't work. I have tried the same antibiotic maybe 6 times, it has never worked, it keeps being prescribed. What was the bug though? For me it was (still is) Kleb.
    Last edited by xsfxsf; 01-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.

try the tea .... ONLY side effect apparently is that it makes you urinate. don't do the weird things they say on the web "4 times a day..." or "make it with your own urine." Just buy parsley tea bags....morning and night. 14 days. Get yourself some test kits, and watch the change. I was in AWE

thx 4 the info and i didnt know they made parsley tea bags.

going to try this.

I did try eating a bunch of raw parsley once a day for several weeks. I had incontinence symptoms, and these symptoms did go away a week or so of trying the parsley. On the other hand, it is not clear if I ever really had a UTI since a culture was negative. Perhaps the symptoms went away on their own for some other reason (not wanting to start up another 4000-post thread here, is why I am being cautious).

That said, I will probably keep eating parsley. It tastes pretty good. Although I did read it has a lot of vitamin K which I hope is not a clotting risk.
    Last edited by xsfxsf; 02-10-2013 at 03:25 AM.

I am not sure what is in the tea, but I can not knock it. I would dd a word of caution, that when you are symptomatic, Please, Please see your doctor.
    CKF

I'd like to try this tea and I read where it's rich in vit C I already take Vit C should I stop taking the pill if I try this tea?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

pine needle tea.

juniper berry and pine needle tea.

If you live out west, there is a plant called bladder pod. it has yellow or white flowers. This must be prepared carefully as you can get a purging affect. it is a good plant for bladder infection.

use boiling water, and plant material, steep 15 minutes. never boil any of these unless you want turpentine.

pine needle is the safest, and most pleasant.

To make an acidic system, 1/2 tsp creme of tarter in a glass of water several times a day. this will knock out a bladder infection if you get it early. all of these things are safe to use if you are out camping or cant get to a Dr for a few days. They have antiseptic properties, and make the bladder wall too slick for the bacteria to stick to, so it is pee'd out of the body. this is how cranberry works as well as the pine juniper and bladder decoctions.

Parsley tea is harmless, and full of vitamin C, However pine needle is readily available, and has more antiseptic qualities.

A word of caution to everyone. Please remember that herbal teas can have side effects, just like herbal medications. They can also interact with your prescribed medications. Please check them out before using!
    CKF

side effect

Side effect...it makes you go to the bathroom...ALOT. Be prepared...

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    A word of caution to everyone. Please remember that herbal teas can have side effects, just like herbal medications. They can also interact with your prescribed medications. Please check them out before using!
    CKF