Thread: Has anyone on Medicare had their "Health and Welness Check"

Has anyone on Medicare had their "Health and Welness Check"

This is really crazy. The concept is good, but i couldn't believe it! They as you the crazyiest questions that are already in your record, then do the "mini-cog" on you. I couldn't beleive it. I asked what if you were a 25 year old with SCI, no head injury...streight SCI, you have to have the mini cog every year? The answer was yes.
    A 25 year old kid is not going to develop dementia....so just because you are on Medicare you have to have dementia screening... and every year, that insulting. Makes no sense. Have any of you SSDI and Medicare had to deal with this?
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird View Post
    This is really crazy. The concept is good, but i couldn't believe it! They as you the crazyiest questions that are already in your record, then do the "mini-cog" on you. I couldn't beleive it. I asked what if you were a 25 year old with SCI, no head injury...streight SCI, you have to have the mini cog every year? The answer was yes.
    A 25 year old kid is not going to develop dementia....so just because you are on Medicare you have to have dementia screening... and every year, that insulting. Makes no sense. Have any of you SSDI and Medicare had to deal with this?
    Wait till 2014. The new ear of healthcare. They promised less red tape. Watch out! You haven't seen red tape yet.