Thread: Internet Explorer 9 vs 10

Internet Explorer 9 vs 10

I have had crash problems with Explorer 9 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Explorer 10. Is there an advantage of moving over, even thought it is still in a Beta phase? Does it have the capabilities for add ons such as real player and others? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    mike

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    This is normal for IE. Much more frequent with newer versions. Have crash tested Windows 8. It was only "usable" after installing Chrome. Note IE versions are incompatible with each other and web standards. Only use for Microsoft support if current. Will not work with other sites and may crash.

Try Mozilla, Chrome, etc.

Chrome is a more reliable browser.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Agree that chrome is a far better/more reliable browser, but Dragon NaturallySpeaking works SO MUCH BETTER with Internet Explorer :-(
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Rule #1. Never put anything on Microsoft Windows that wasn't published by Microsoft.

Rule #2. Never put any Microsoft product on Microsoft Windows that hasn't been out at least 2 years.

There are many apps (Chrome, for example) that will work just fiine on Windows...until Microsoft issues a "bug fix" that breaks it.

Microsoft is not in the business of making a universal platform on which competing products will run without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I have had crash problems with Explorer 9 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Explorer 10. Is there an advantage of moving over, even thought it is still in a Beta phase? Does it have the capabilities for add ons such as real player and others? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    never upgrade to a version until it has been around awhile, or you'll end up being a beta tester for microsoft. we still use IE7 at work.
    I use IE8 at home sometimes, I usually use my ubuntu and firefox though
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Although I use Chrome for my default browser (very developer friendly and has a great extension ecosystem), IE10 is a great browser and is very standards friendly. If you have IE9, IE10 works just as good, if not better. I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to IE10.

I think chrome is better than internet Explorer so use chrome.

I tried downloading the Beta IE 10 for Windows 7 and the menus wouldn't work with dragon version 12. Apparently have to wait for the update patch but I did find it a little quicker than version 9. I find that Internet Explorer 9 crashes quite a bit but to be quite honest it is the only game in town when it comes to voice recognition with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. IMHO

I thought IE was only for downloading other browsers..

Only if this feature was true lolol