Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brief Report of What is Happening at the ChinaSCINet activities in China

Clinical trials + Neurogel

Dr. Young,

An association in France is trying to obtain authorization for clinical trials of Neurogel in France, in vain... shouldn't they try to work with Dr. Huang? How receptive would he be?

My parents told me of a Professor Philippe Coubes in Montpellier who is operating on people who are paralyzed due to a condition that apparently develops in childhood. It made the news a few days ago. I don't know if the procedure could be extended to traumatic and vascular injuries, probably not, but some patients on this site might be good candidates. He works at
    "Hopital Gui de Chauliac - Neurochirurgie B-
    80 Augustin Fliche
    34295 Montpellier Cedex 5-
    The phone number is : 04 67 33 67 33
    and his email address is: p.coubes@chu-montpellier-fr. Have you heard anything at all?

gretchen 1

So, what can we expect from the upcoming year? Rooster-like traits will spill into everyone's life....More importantly, we can also expect great headway made in fields such as medicine and science.
    source

[This message was edited by seneca on 03-21-05 at 03:51 AM.]

Gretchen, the decisions concerning the treatments to try in clinical trial will be made by the Chinese investigators. Wise.

Originally posted by Gretchen:

Dr. Young,

An association in France is trying to obtain authorization for clinical trials of Neurogel in France, in vain... shouldn't they try to work with Dr. Huang? How receptive would he be?
    I know "Neurogel en marche", but actually, it is unclear what they're want to do, because of disagreement between the administrators...
    http://www.neurogelenmarche.org

My parents told me of a Professor Philippe Coubes in Montpellier who is operating on people who are paralyzed due to a condition that apparently develops in childhood. It made the news a few days ago. I don't know if the procedure could be extended to traumatic and vascular injuries, probably not, but some patients on this site might be good candidates. He works at
    "Hopital Gui de Chauliac - Neurochirurgie B-
    80 Augustin Fliche
    34295 Montpellier Cedex 5-
    The phone number is : 04 67 33 67 33
    and his email address is: p.coubes@chu-montpellier-fr. Have you heard anything at all?

gretchen 1
    Pr Coubes works only on the dystonia... not on SCI !

"Since November 1996, the research unit has developped a new treatment for patients with dystonia : deep brain stimulation. Deliberatly implanted in the clinical activity of the neurosurgery department, the research unit has been developped around the therapeutical follow up of dystonic patients"
    http://www.urma-montpellier.org/index_en.html

Regards...
    Thierry
    www.asso-alarme.com/forum

Of course, but if Neurogel offers any hope at all, they might be interested in working with Dr. Woerly. It was just a thought, because the Chinese seem to be the trailblazers - and our only hope of seeing a cure in our lifetimes!

gretchen 1

Dear Members,

On behalf of the Network, thank you so much for all the kind words and encouragement!

This trip to Hong Kong to attend the ChinaSCINet March Workshop and to meet with various high officials was very rewarding. I was most impressed to see that Dr. Wise Young and the Pro Vice Chancellor of HKU, Dr. Paul Tam, were giving consistent messages across the meetings which illustrated their commitment and determination to find a cure for SCI. Thus, there might be enormous difficulties and obstacles in the course of proceeding with the plans, but WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

We are now pushing forward very hard to start clinical trials hopefully in the middle of 2006. BTW, I am truly grateful for my husband who is now very much involved in our work, not only finacially but also mentally and physically.

Betheny, you like those black beads! Thanks!

Suzanne

Dinner Meeting held by Ministry of Health of China

Sanglan and her beloved father

Dinner Meeting held by Chairman Deng Pu-fang at DiaoYuTai State Guest House

ChinaSCINet March Workshop Dinner

One of the Workshop venues at the Faculty Building of Medicine
    Left to right: Prof. Kwok-fai So of HKU, Suzanne Poon, Prof. Jian-jun Li of CRRC and Prof. Wu-tian Wu of HKU

Suzanne

Awesome pictures!! Thank you Suzanne.

MHemenway, another picture here!

A dinner party held by Mr. & Mrs. Jacky Chau, a Committee Member of the HKU SCI Fund.

Mr. Jacky Chau, second from the left at the back row
    Mrs. Susan Chau, second from the right in the front row

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne. I am glad you are on our side. Thanks for all your efforts.