Thread: wish me luck

wish me luck

Wednesday I get to look at the dumb ass who put in a chair 3 years ago. My lawsuit is at the point of questioning for liability and damages so I'm in for 2 days of ball busting questions.

Any tips on how not to reach across the table and choke him. I'm loosing sleep about what they are gonna through my way. In my accident I should be 0% liable for what happened but am still nervous..
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

good luck
    Last edited by nonoise; 01-21-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

My advice would be try not to make eye contact with the dickhead. If it was me, as soon as I locked eyes with him I would see red, which will NOT help you at all in any sort of legal setting.

ETA: Oh and good luck man. I hope you take everything he has.

Good luck dewie.

I had to do the same about two years after my injury for a criminal trial. I thought that my presence would at least shame the driver who hit me, but no, she was more convinced than ever that I was the one who ruined her life. I suspect that's not an uncommon feeling for (some of) the people who cause an sci. They can't possibly imagine what they've done, nor do they care to try. They only see how it has inconvenienced (cue the hysterical laughter) their own life.

I hope you can at least get the maximum compensation. Be the most expensive "inconvenience" you can!

good luck, dewie-
    i read about your motorcycle accident and am so sorry it happened...yes, it's normal to be angry at the driver, but will go better if you can ignore him and instead direct your energy into listening closely and answering the questions as your lawyer has counseled you. yes, it is stressful to think about having to relive and describe such personal things, but it's important to do your best and put your energy and focus on you. don't let yourself be thrown off course by your anger at the driver. try to talk to your lawyer before the meeting wednesday to ask any new questions you have about the process. good luck, hopefully you'll feel a huge weight has lifted after you've finished.

Think about it like Monopoly or poker. The object is to win. Leave with the most hotels or chips. Expect to be asked the same question in many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dewie27 View Post
    Wednesday I get to look at the dumb ass who put in a chair 3 years ago. My lawsuit is at the point of questioning for liability and damages so I'm in for 2 days of ball busting questions.

Any tips on how not to reach across the table and choke him. I'm loosing sleep about what they are gonna through my way. In my accident I should be 0% liable for what happened but am still nervous..
    For starters, use extreme caution posting anything about your case on line, including here. You'd be amazed what good legal firms will find. Discuss any posting with your lawyer so you don't inadvertently cause yourself/your case harm.

Do not react, especially to opposing counsel. Their job is to keep you from winning a judgment. They will look for signs of weakness, signs of frustration and will attempt to use that against you.

Keep your answers as simple as possible, preferably yes or no. The more you say, the more your words can and will be misconstrued and/or taken out of context. If you answer simply, it's harder to trip you, to find contradictions where there are not any.

Let your attorney do the work. Refer any questions you have to her/him.

Talk to your lawyer. Do not do anything that could jeopardize your litigation. If you are looking for an apology then wait until after your case is settled because he will be unmotivated to say anything admitting fault as it could affect the outcome of the case.

Remember: litigation is about THE MONEY. That's it.

Good luck man!!!! I had a old lady make a left hand turn in front of me, "was on a m-cycle" I never got a anything from her as she carried the minimum amount to be carried in this state. My first hospital bill was for over twice of that but would have been nice to even heard " I'M SORRY" but to late she's gone so gonna be hard on you but just remember what you've been through!!!!