Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super intense nerve pain

Super intense nerve pain

So it's always at a 7 minimum. But the past 7 days it has been an easy 10. It's so bad that just turnig my head when I wake up in the morning sets it off. Any small movement does. My pain is always a 10 when I wake up but it usually calms down to about a 7/8 after not moving a muscle for an hour

The past week I'm maybe out of bed 9 hours a day. This pain runs my life. I can't dress or transfer out of bed on my own yet because of it. But this week is a particular hell

Sorry to here about your pain, it just really sucks. I have some NP but it is no ware as bad as yours. But it keeps increasing all the time, and reading about people with massive pain, really gets me nervous about what the future my bring.
    Hang in there, and take some really good meds.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I'm really sorry to hear about your pain Rachel. I wish there was something I could do or say. I only pray that you get some kind of break soon. It's the little breaks, the moments of lessening that make all the difference. Nothing I feel compares to what you're feeling but I know what living with pain is like. My break started two nights ago after two weeks. I'll be giddy for a while about sleeping four hours straight.

I really hope you get a break and really soon.

Sorry you're dealing with this Rachelle. What meds do you take to try and control it? Do you see a pain doctor or go to a pain clinic?

Mine stays at high levels, and the pain clinic try to keep me from living in the ten range. They help, but it does'nt always work. This winter weather has been hard this year. Too much rain, too many storms, and one right after another. It does'nt even have to be in my backyard to bother me.

Get as much rest as you can. The more sleep you lose, the worse the pain gets. And for me, getting sleep at night, is hard to do.

Hope it levels off soon for you.....

Is medical Marijuana legal in your State? If so might want to give it a try, I hear from a lot of people it really helps out, even the day after. I'm not talking about becoming a pot head or anything, just 4 or 5 hits every few days.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

It's the weather. The Barometric Baseball Bat. Fifty degree temp changes hurt even AB's. Us, they disable completely.

Sorry. It hurts sooo bad.

Also, the coastal areas are worst imo.

That's one reason I live in Fla winters, it really helps out with my super intense pain. It got to the point where I just could not take it up north anymore.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Weather is a bitch, I was in MN until last sunday... 2 degrees at night and was having a hard time managing my pain. I am back in lovely California and it is like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Weather is a bitch, I was in MN until last sunday... 2 degrees at night and was having a hard time managing my pain. I am back in lovely California and it is like night and day.
    I will add to this also that in east, the barometer changes more wildly than in the west. Anywhere you have high humidity plus nail biting cold, you are going to get the very intense pain.

I so want to move back to a "desert" state because I just cannot tolerate the humidity effects on my chronic pain.

Like Curt, I even thought Florida would be nice because it is warmer. But for me humidity not the cold temperatures is the thing that aggravates my neuropain the worse.

It is night and day like T8 says. You don't realize it until you experience it. I have tracked the storms rolling in too. Arizona is supposed to be a dry heat...lolololol But when those storms roll in, the barometric pressure flops and add it to 117 degree heat, it made me close to passing out with pain several times.

Betheny has lived it too. Texas and oklahoma humidity will kill you worst than just the heat. It makes sense it would be worst in coastal areas too given the humid ocean air.

You really can't understand this stuff until you have experienced it.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown