Thread: Action Trackchair Owners?

Action Trackchair Owners?

I know there are a few on here that own the Action Trackchair. I am very interested in one but am concerned about how I will transport it. I have a minivan with side ramp conversion. The trackchair is obviously too wide to enter my van. For those who have one, how do you transport it? I see the carrier on their website that mounts to a receiving hitch on your vehicle. Is this what you use? I am doubting that I could use this carrier on my adapted minivan, but maybe???

The platform won't work on a minivan. If you're able to put a hitch on your minivan a 4x6 enclosed trailer with a ramp door would be the way to go. The attendant control option on the Action Trackchair makes loading/unloading easier. You can install a power strip inside and run an extension cord to recharge.

We don't have one but did get the opportunity to borrow one from a dealer, when we took the back seats out of our 2006 Chevy Uplander, I used a ramp to walk the chair up the ramp thru the back hatch. It fit fine, but someone will need to walk next to it and continually tilt and untilt the chair to make it work, its a pain but the chair is awesome. My husband truly wants one, but the transportation in the biggest problem. Our van we can not even put a hitch on due to the infloor ramp system.

And be sure to wear a jock if you drive it on hard ground.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

LOL, David agrees Deadeye! Honestly the chair scares me. It knows no limits and the driver must know when to stop or you will get hurt. It takes some getting used to cause you constantly have to tilt and untilt to climb things or it will tip over. I'm ablebodied and tried it out and literally had to jump out of it a couple of times before it tipped.

i have one and love it shot a nice buck out of it last year great for fishing too I drive a 2010 jeep wrangler I built a custom rack for my hitch its goosed necked as not to bottom out in woods I put on a old man emu lift kit to increas ground clearence I have a stowaway lift to get me in the jeep and I mounted a lift off of the left rear corner of jeep so now iam totaly eletric the lift brings me the track chair or any chair right to the stoway lift easy transfer and off I go its a massive amount of freedom and fun

Will insurance even touch one of these things? I'm pretty sure they won't but I just got off medicare, so I'm trying to cash in maybe..lol
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Not that I have heard Rsieck.

Thought so, but doesn't hurt to ask.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA