Thread: Some help with my two choices

Some help with my two choices

Hi everyone, after a few months of reading many posts and with help of the technical from the shop.
    I finally configure what I think it's a good chair for my needs, the first rigid chair past 19 years of folding chairs.
    The first the idea was a new chair with a power assist system (emotion m15) or a e-handbike http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=211234
    After try out the emotion m15 and handbike I came to the conclusion that this high expensive solutions didn't work for me,
    because where I live the streets as many up and downs and my limitation on the left side (no sensation) didn't work well.
    Finally I came to this two solutions manual chair ZRA and electric chair Permobil C300 Corpus VR2 Advanced I like this electric chair after try out on the streets.
    About the ZRA for what I read its a good choice for first rigid chair about the Permobil C300 Corpus VR2 Advanced I whould
    like some feedback it's main purpose exterior use.

Satin paint with black package
    Width 17" w/ NO Taper
    Depth 17"
    +1" FRAME DEPTH(this is not at cad draw was last minute chane)
    FSH 18"
    RSH 15,5"
    SEAT TO FOOTPLATE 14"
    Standar Front End 14,5"
    80º Frame
    Titanium Flip-Back Footrest
    Folding Titanium Adjustable Height
    BACK HGT 13.5”–16.5", SET @ 15"
    BACK ANGLE SET 92º
    Seat locks when folded
    4" Deep backrest bar
    Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    CENTER OF GRAVITY 2.5"
    0º CAMBER
    Rear wheel spacing 1"
    Lite Speed Billet Aluminum Wheel Soft Roll Tire 5”x1,5"
    Tilite Slipstream Single Sided Fork
    Titanium Fork Stems
    24" Spinergy LX
    STAINLESS STEEL QUICK RELEASE AXLE
    Schwalbe® Marathon Plus Evolution
    Aluminum Handrims w/ long tabs
    Back upholstery Tension Adjustable by Straps AirBreathable
    Seat upholstery G10 Solid Seat
    Side guards Carbon Fiber Fendered Removable
    Armrests Swing Away Tubular
    Anti-Tips Flip-up

The diferences from this cad draw for what is gonna be it's the depth frame 17" with 1" longer frame and no need for the power adaptable frame I didn't ask for other cad draw because of the extra charge.
    My specs 64,5" and 178lb, aneurism no sensibility on my left side but with movement and strength good trunk and very limited walking.

Do I understand ZRA is for inside only, and C300 is for outside only? If so, you might consider making ZRA a tad more compact by getting a V front end, or a tapered seat with a standard front end (either way a narrower footrest). This will allow your casters to come in a bit, which will allow better maneuverability in close quarters. Right now they stick out pretty wide. Also, for inside-only use, the 5" casters are big - consider 4" or even 3" (IMHO 3" are not safe outside anytime).

I know less than nothing about power chairs.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Ditto to what Chasmenger said about casters if the ZRA is for indoors only. I have big casters outside, but run 3" inch casters on the chairs that stay inside the house. As for power options, if you can put up with the cumbersome aspects of the loading and offloading a power chair, it can be a fine way to get around town. I had a friend in San Jose who used to drive hers a half a mile from home to the grocery store and back.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

What kind of flooring do you have? If you have mostly hard floor, small casters will be better. If you have lots of carpeting though then larger wider casters will be better.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

My intention is to use the C300 only outside but the ZRA is to use inside and outside. This cad shows with this configuration is going to be 21,3" wide front casters but the total wide of chair (rear wheels) for my accounts is going to be around 24". I understand your point "chasmengr" and it's a good one but if the rear pass in places with 24" the front most pass to. The thing is with this footplate v-front cant be an option and with standard front end the next wide option is 13" as you can see in this pictures usualy I have my feet away and my legs too. If I make the front more narrow the footplate is going to be more narrow and my legs going to squeezed im afraid not going to feel so good and dont have space to move my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Do I understand ZRA is for inside only, and C300 is for outside only? If so, you might consider making ZRA a tad more compact by getting a V front end, or a tapered seat with a standard front end (either way a narrower footrest). This will allow your casters to come in a bit, which will allow better maneuverability in close quarters.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrodas View Post
    I understand your point "chasmengr" and it's a good one but if the rear pass in places with 24" the front most pass to.
    It's not just about width, it's about footprint. If the casters are either tucked further back of the footplate or are narrower, you'll have a smaller turning radius and more maneuverability.

My intention is to use the C300 only outside but the ZRA is to use inside and outside. This cad shows with this configuration is going to be 21,3" wide front casters but the total wide of chair (rear wheels) for my accounts is going to be around 24". I understand your point "chasmengr" and it's a good one but if the rear pass in places with 24" the front most pass to. The thing is with this footplate v-front cant be an option and with standard front end the next wide option is 13" as you can see in this pictures usualy I have my feet away and my legs too. If I make the front more narrow the footplate is going to be more narrow and my legs going to squeezed im afraid not going to feel so good and dont have space to move my legs.
    According to the zra order form, it is an option. It was restricted to tapered only several years ago - might your dealer be using old forms? My dealer has the 2006 forms, which should make arguing with them a delight. Naturally, when I was ordering my current chair back in 2006 they had nothing more recent than the 2003 forms.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    If you can show you sitting in the chair top to bottom it may help
    Here it is a few more pictures of my seating position.

Hi maxrodas,

Am I understanding right that you have hemiplegia on the left side? Is it arm and leg? Do you do foot propulsion with your right leg? I think it would help to know also for your other post Doubts about what kind of front is better to my needs.

We went through the same process of looking for power assist and came to the same conclusion as you. Have you looked into the the ZX1 Power Add-on? It's not yet available, but should be available soon (also in Europe). That is what we plan to get, because my husband really did not like using a power chair (Permobil C350 Corpus).

...The first the idea was a new chair with a power assist system (emotion m15) or a e-handbike http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=211234
    After try out the emotion m15 and handbike I came to the conclusion that this high expensive solutions didn't work for me,
    because where I live the streets as many up and downs and my limitation on the left side (no sensation) didn't work well.
    Finally I came to this two solutions manual chair ZRA and electric chair Permobil C300 Corpus VR2 Advanced I like this electric chair after try out on the streets.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).