Thread: Hand controls for driving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hand controls for driving

Hi guys.
    Im an 18 year old living in the UAE. I have a T4 T5 leval injury of the spinal cord. Recently I have got my special driving license and I am in the process of acquiring a Honda Civic 2007.

I want to buy the PHC3 handcontrols. However the website,wheelability.com, mostly talks about shipping in the US. An email from ' Tom' asked me to change the shipping address to UAE.

I just want to know, "IS IT A SECURE AND TRUSTED WEBSITE TO PURCHASE FROM?". This is my major concern since I will be making the payment through my credit card.

Thanks

If you're going to be driving the Honda all the time you should really think about installing permanant hand controls, which can often be found on ebay for decent prices.

There's nothing wrong with portable hand controls. A lot of people think portable are not safe. I've been driving with a z4 portable hand controls for almost a year now and love it. Much better than the permanent. More freedom of movement.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Hand controls ?

I purchased these controls on line with no problem. I have used them in two cars for seven years and they are still just like new. I would and do recommend them to friends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolrosh13 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Im an 18 year old living in the UAE. I have a T4 T5 leval injury of the spinal cord. Recently I have got my special driving license and I am in the process of acquiring a Honda Civic 2007.

I want to buy the PHC3 handcontrols. However the website,wheelability.com, mostly talks about shipping in the US. An email from ' Tom' asked me to change the shipping address to UAE.

I just want to know, "IS IT A SECURE AND TRUSTED WEBSITE TO PURCHASE FROM?". This is my major concern since I will be making the payment through my credit card.

Thanks
    Almost every online purchasing site is secure because if you ask for a refund and do not get it you can always call the credit card issuer and put in a dispute claim. Any online vendor with unsettled disputes will not be able to keep their credit card purchase pages so they have a lot of incentive to give you your refund.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will update u with progress soon

Cheers

I bought from them and they were great. Fast delivery and as advertized. They even throw in a pouch to carry them from one car to another if you need.

Not a problem here. But in general you should know that your recourse with the credit card company is reliable within the USA. It is difficult for them to pull funds internationally.

But an email from 'Tom' told me to go ahead with the purchase. So whatever fund issue they face may be sorted out.

I purchased my Wells Engberg from this place. The owner is also a user not just a person trying to make a buck:

http://www.deanjoyce.com/adaptedrides/pictures.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jayslx1 View Post
    I purchased my Wells Engberg from this place. The owner is also a user not just a person trying to make a buck:

http://www.deanjoyce.com/adaptedrides/pictures.htm
    Nice find, couldn't get anyone to sell to me or an auto repair shop about nine months ago. Temporary controls are easy to find on the web, which is what I went with. I simply made them permanent.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.