Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you ever doubt your hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyarmy64 View Post
    Muskie and others,

I feel your pain and frustration. Life in these broken bodies can be hard, both physically and mentally. It has been through this experience the last 11 years that I was humbeled and found my Lord and Savior Jesus the Messiah.

Please check out this video I made, regarding pain and hope..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaPty...e_gdata_player
    thanks fly, very peaceful video thank you again for the vid and your service I am ex air force
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Yes, at times I lose hope for a cure to my injury. I know spinal cord injury researchers are trying but real, meaningful progress on getting both newly injured & those of us with older chronic injuries moving paralyzed muscles again always seems so far away.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

"I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Quote Originally Posted by muskie View Post
    I am a relative newbie, my son has only been injured about 1 and half years. I am the eternal optimist (Met fan think we are going to the playoffs every year). Sometimes though as I follow the blogs and I see a hopeful post, within hours it has detractors. I want to believe my son will be cured. I have to believe it. He doesn't, my wife doesn't, then why do I? So many incredibly smart people working on this for so long yet there is no cure. But I believe in the Dr Young's, Silvers, Stewards and others. I believe these folks will one day return me my boy, the one I long to play catch with just one more time. I hate the pain of this injury, I hate that I need to put my son to bed every night with a smile on my face and a dagger in my heart. I sometimes feel the fraud as his tears stream down his face and macho dad says it will be ok son,they are getting closer. I pray for strength to be a good dad and husband and make good decisions. My faith wavers, maybe it is just normal emotion. I am supposed to be the rock, not the pebble and I can never be the puddle. I want to fix this so bad, but I can't I am just an average guy no one special. I guess this is just a low quiet moment for me my son and wife are asleep and I what if? But what ifs don't do anything unless they involve the present or the future. So am I an abject failure because my hope wavers or is it just a sinusoid and and I am in a trough? I hope that is it. I think why a c5 and not a t5? Then I read of a 7 year old that is injured and I feel the fool. For those of you who believe in God please say a kind word for people like me for those of you who don't please send a kind thought for people like me.
    Ten years ago when my son got hurt I was also full of hope. I was told by so many that withing 5 years there will be a "cure" of some sort. Years had passed, nothing happening, a cure for someone who had spent a decade or more in a chair is not that realistic so now all I hope for my son is a pain free, illness free life with financial security .
    I am just being realistic.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

as a fellow mets fan, i hope for the playoffs every year. how does that saying go? you can hope in one hand and........

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Sending kind thoughts. Kudos for being such a great parent.

28yrs this summer ... my hope has been way at the bottom of the barrel and way up high ... currently I'm riding a high.

What we see here is just a tip of the iceberg ... what if some new exciting and dramatic discovery were to appear tomorrow? Or next week? Perhaps some student is excitingly sharing the results of a eureka moment ...

We just never know. That's the sucking part about hope ... too much and it feels futile ... too little and you're despondent.

For a ship to sail, it needs to have an even keel. I don't have anything better at 4:14am but keep fighting the good fight!
    Well ... 5:25am on a Monday morning, shivering from a bladder infection with general malaise and wondering what the sense is in going on ... what a roller coaster ride paralysis is ... I want off! Can't believe I wrote that crap. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Well ... 5:25am on a Monday morning, shivering from a bladder infection with general malaise and wondering what the sense is in going on ... what a roller coaster ride paralysis is ... I want off! Can't believe I wrote that crap. lol
    Stay focused and be strong! I absolutely know what you are talking about.....we have to go on fighting and we will and we can!!!! Keep your head up.

Greetings from germany

Lynnifer, hope you feel better, now go have a hot cup of tea
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature