Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 155 Rallyers Signed Up!

155 Rallyers Signed Up!

Another milestone...50 wheelchairs and 51 walkers are registered to go!

Update 3/31:

155 is just the base number, not counting family, friends, etc. that aren't signed up. 96 wheelchairs.

[This message was edited by Betheny on 03-31-05 at 02:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by Betheny on 03-31-05 at 02:21 PM.]

Yay Beth! You should put the new list of people registered up. I want to see who is all going

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Beth,

Is anyone getting the local population involved in DC? Like targeting the rehab centres in Washington, and contacting the local organizations that have mailing lists for individuals with SCIs in Washington?

You probably already thought of that, but I was just curious.

"We are only as helpless as we perceive ourselves to be"
    http://adrenalinechick.friendpages.com

Just starting that part, Kiran. Had to line up speakers, place, time. Now comes that stage.

Writing your legislators now means they know we are serious when we get to DC! Grease the wheels for us if you can't go! congress.org for addresses. Tell them SCI care is $14 billion a year, SCI clinical trial network can be started for $300 million. And don't forget...We are not asking for any controversial cellular type research.

Bethany,

Wow. Wow again. These signed up will probably encourage others too. May hit 75-80 by deadline day.

Is there a flyer I can post on bulliten boards. I am very frustrated that I cant get the message all the wheelers in the baltimore/washington area, maybe i can put flyers on the walls at the rehab center. Its great we have 50 wheelers, but we should have 100's from the area that do not need hotel rooms.
    How do we contact labs that would benefit and ask them spread the word and perhaps show up as walkers
    brian

bschiner
    posted 03-06-05 10:05 AM
    Is there a flyer I can post on bulliten boards. I am very frustrated that I cant get the message all the wheelers in the baltimore/washington area, maybe i can put flyers on the walls at the rehab center.
    Great idea!

If you post a printable version of a flyer, that we can print and use to get the word out, I will give it to the rehabilitation department at Fairfax Hospital and it will be distributed at the SCI unit at Mount Vernon as well. There is also a support group that meets at my workplace that would appreciate the information.

Mary

"The Main thing in life, is keeping the Main thing the main thing...." mainlymary aka 1fine rn

Originally posted by kiran82:

Is anyone getting the local population involved in DC? Like targeting the rehab centres in Washington, and contacting the local organizations that have mailing lists for individuals with SCIs in Washington?
    kiran82,

We are hard at work doing just that :

I am VP of the NYC Chapter of the National Spinal Cord Injury Association as well as their web site designer and webmaster. I forwarded the release to our contacts in NYC and will post it on our NYCspinal.org web site. I will also add a link to your web site to our links page. I was wondering if you can post a reciprocal link on your www.CureParalysisNow.org web site.

Sincerely,

John Moynihan
    ~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Marilyn is working on the flyer as we speak. If you all have email lists of dis groups on the eastern seaboard let us know, you can email our press release.

Y'all rock.

Writing your legislators now means they know we are serious when we get to DC! Grease the wheels for us if you can't go! congress.org for addresses. Tell them SCI care is $14 billion a year, SCI clinical trial network can be started for $300 million. And don't forget...We are not asking for any controversial cellular type research.