Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USAA For Military Insurance

USAA For Military Insurance

Is anybody using USAA For Military Insurance, car, home, life, etc.? I am wondering if the service, coverage and rates are good and if you have to be active or retired military to qualify for membership.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

We have USAA for auto and home insurance. I love them and their customer service. No one has been able to beat the rates that we have. My husband and I are not in the military but we're grandfathered in because he had USAA with his ex wife who was eligible for USAA because she was the child of a military personnel. We were concerned that we would not be able to keep USAA because have no ties to the military but they said they value our business.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I have USAA car ins. they are unbeatable. Every year I get a nice dividend check back.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    I have USAA car ins. they are unbeatable. Every year I get a nice dividend check back.
    Do you know the qualifications to become a holder of USAA ins.?
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

I've been a memeber forever. Haven't comparison shopped in a while but when I joined the rates were very competitive. Here's a link to find out if you qualify - definitely acitve and retired people can become members but so can others.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/pub_...ity_task_entry

Hope this helps.
    T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Eligibility has widened per the previous poster. When I joined you had to have served in the military as commissioned officer. You will never deal with a fairer, more customer centered company.

You can be retired or active military. In some cases you will be required to provide your DD214 or that of the qualifying family member. As for rates they are good. We have auto, home, and life with them.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    I've been a memeber forever. Haven't comparison shopped in a while but when I joined the rates were very competitive. Here's a link to find out if you qualify - definitely acitve and retired people can become members but so can others.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/pub_...ity_task_entry

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for the link MikeC!

Have car and one home insured by them. They are great at things no other insurance companies know anything about. We also like the dividend refunds every year as old timers since the hubby was a warrant officer.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

For life policies there are some other grounds offering better plans, but it depends on ur end resul and goal.....
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.