Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High-Efficiency Mini Split Heat Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Cripple Concepts View Post
    I have a 24,000 BTU dual zone system, aFujitsu AOU24RLXFZ outdoor unit (my eyes aren't good enough to read the indoor head model numbers). My house is about 1800 sq.ft., has 8 ft. ceilings, and I can only block off about 300 sq.ft. so I am undersized considerably. I'm considering adding an evaporative cooler next summer, the Fujitsu mini-split will help dry the air as they cool it in conjunction with the swamp cooler.
    Just curious, but what makes you on the fence about your Fujitsu unit? Does it simply not put out enough heat or is it way expensive to run?

I'm getting one of the smaller, single AOU15RLS2 units. For some reason the higher efficiency inverter driven designs seem to only be in their single units. I would've gotten a double headed one like you, but the energy efficiency numbers seems quite a bit better for the single head ones. I wonder why they haven't brought that technology up to the whole house units yet.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    IF, IT EVER gets to -14 here, I'm going south! Single digits, and a few degrees of minus is alls I can take anymore, no wanna, no way! Those figures are fun to look at on paper ONLY! I used to ski a lot prior, now, no desire, I catch fire and that's bad enough, I've got frost bite damage from years back as an AB, I'll stick to the pyrotechnics now.
    Funny how before my injury I used to ski 100+ days a year and was completely numb to the cold, as in people thought there was something wrong with me because I never seemed to be affected, but now I hate it!

Can't stand anything much under 65-70°, and hell was going outside when it's below zero. Funny thing sense I live up in Northern Maine where it gets that way many days every winter. Would never consider staying here if it wasn't for the close knit community that all look out for me. Crazy how much the community can mean when you grow up in a small, tightknit place, and that seems to be amplified even more after they all went through my injury with me. Could never imagine leaving now… Arctic cold weather or not!
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Fear not, it was zero this morning, going up to the 40's tuesday and wednesday, back to normal.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    Just curious, but what makes you on the fence about your Fujitsu unit? Does it simply not put out enough heat or is it way expensive to run?

I'm getting one of the smaller, single AOU15RLS2 units. For some reason the higher efficiency inverter driven designs seem to only be in their single units. I would've gotten a double headed one like you, but the energy efficiency numbers seems quite a bit better for the single head ones. I wonder why they haven't brought that technology up to the whole house units yet.
    It just didn't keep my house cool lat summer, haven't used it for heat much as I like my baseboard hot water. I am optimistic that the 8"+ of blown in insulation I gt last week will help a lot with cooling, it seems to be keeping the heat better already. I never lived in the house without the Fujitsu, so have no way to compare energy usage or comfort level without it.