Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positioning penis to prevent UTI

So you agree that your question is ridiculous?

Ridiculous no. Paranoid, perhaps. My intention was good and I played along with your jokes. Stop picking a fight.

You don't know how to roll with the punches, do you?

Maybe I should be telling you to lighten up, man.

Sure I do. I'm still talking to you am I not?

But we digress. Let's get back to what really matters. the concern for UTIs.

It is well documented that the urethra position in women is a problem for UTIs. It is less of a problem for men because their urethra is longer and so bacteria on the meatus does not reach the bladder as readily. But men who cath push bacteria from the meatus into the bladder. So why is it ridiculous to suggest ways to keep the meatus clean?

Well i've got in interesting tale... for a long time now my bladder was colonised with ecoli, turns out if your little man gets kinked and you leak it can cause the bacteria to track down into yer nuts! I can only feel one of them and nothing else in the downstairs department ... Well just my luck, the nut i can feel got infected. I went to bed and it felt a bit sore, like i'd bumped it while transfering or something... In the morning i woke up, swung my legs out of bed and went to sit up and the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.. Seriously this was like 10/10!! Nearly passed out and threw up because of the pain. My left nut was frickin massive! Had to get an ambulance to take me to hospital after arguing for about an hour on the phone with NHS Direct who wanted me to "get myself to a&e". Took a fair amount of shouting and explaining the term paraplegic and the fact that i can't move because of the pain before they agreed to get me an ambulance. 4 Days in hospital chillin waiting for the antibiotics to do their thing.

So the thing to take away from this is don't let your man get bent

Good point is antibiotics have cleared up my bladder, gonna be really careful to try not to get any bugs in there again.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Since shortly after my injury I have adjusted the boys whenever possible. That means not sitting on em and pointing up. I also make sure there are no clothing folds under my seat bones.
    Andrew

Thank you SuprSi for sharing that info. That explains something that I otherwise could not explain.

Sometimes my entire pelvic area locks up like a living rigamortis. It's usually when I have a UTI. The only way I can relieve the pain and spasms is to ejaculate. Immediately after ejaculating the pain and spasms go from 10 to 0.

By the way, if you cannot ejaculate with the normal stimulus you may try to lay flat on your stomach and lift up to stretch your abdomen. It works for me but only when the spasms are so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Thank you SuprSi for sharing that info. That explains something that I otherwise could not explain.

Sometimes my entire pelvic area locks up like a living rigamortis. It's usually when I have a UTI. The only way I can relieve the pain and spasms is to ejaculate. Immediately after ejaculating the pain and spasms go from 10 to 0.

By the way, if you cannot ejaculate with the normal stimulus you may try to lay flat on your stomach and lift up to stretch your abdomen. It works for me but only when the spasms are so bad.
    Ah interesting tip! It did cross my mind that painting the ceiling might have helped.. I'm completely backwards in this department tho, no physical stimulus that i've found has worked, but sometimes can ejcaulate with just mental stimulus. Really quite annoying! Hey ho, the joys of SCI!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Yeah, I have tried that but your mom is so persistent!
    I have read more about your penis in the past couple of days.....http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=212758&page=3
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com