Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need advice on buying a gun

I need advice on buying a gun

I own a 22 cal. which I had the trigger fix so I could pull it with my very weak fingers. Now i'm wanting to buy another gun. Hopefully a more powerful one. Does anyone here know what gun would be best for me?

This thread is going to be fun! Carry on

For you, I recommend this one.
    DIGG.

I would go to a gunsmith for advice on a light gun with a trigger that can be modified for your needs.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I once had a 38 with a hair trigger a newborn could pull. My Dad purchased it for that reason. But, I can only imagine myself being knocked on my back, propped or seated, if I pulled a trigger now! My Father always said, if you're going to pull it you better be able/ready to fire it...shoot or be shot! I'm holdin out for a lazar beam model!
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

just go to the local gun shop that has a range also.. do a weapons evaluation course.. try to shoot different makes/models/calibers..see whats best for you...
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    I once had a 38 with a hair trigger a newborn could pull. My Dad purchased it for that reason. But, I can only imagine myself being knocked on my back, propped or seated, if I pulled a trigger now! My Father always said, if you're going to pull it you better be able/ready to fire it...shoot or be shot! I'm holdin out for a lazar beam model!
    You also ought to be held responsible for any collateral damage done by your actions with a gun.

Any new gun laws should put all the risk on the gun owner for what happens with "their" gun! If they want that great responsibility then let them have it even if they don't pull the trigger.

and come down on them like a ton of bricks for what happens with "their" gun

I went through the should I buy a gun phase for about a year about 10 years ago and ended up settling with a Crossman pellet gun because I didn't think that I could handle the responsibility of a real gun.
    Last edited by Patton57; 01-13-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    You also ought to be held responsible for any collateral damage done by your actions with a gun.

Any new gun laws should put all the risk on the gun owner for what happens with "their" gun! If they want that great responsibility then let them have it even if they don't pull the trigger.

and come down on them like a ton of bricks for what happens with "their" gun
    Just out of curiosity do you believe the same should go for someone who's car gets stolen or someone takes it and kill's or seriously hurt's a person?
    Do you believe the car owner should get that ton of bricks? Not judging just asking.

What do you want a gun for? Hunting or protection? People could assist you better if they knew.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Just out of curiosity do you believe the same should go for someone who's car gets stolen or someone takes it and kill's or seriously hurt's a person?
    I would say if the gun wasn't properly secured and someone else got ahold of it, the owner should somehow be punished. The kid in CT shouldn't have had access to those weapons.

I have found since my accident the easiest gun for me to handle is my HK USP. It has a recoil reduction double spring that give it less kick that the other 9MM handguns I have. If you have a local range I would try one. If not and are in south west minnisota next month come out to my farm