Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Icon users: underseat storage alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    I don't have this done yet, so bare with my description.

•A 2"x 16" strip of velcro
    •Cut the rough side down to 10"
    •Sew all but the last 4" on each end of the soft side together into a closed loop with the velcro inside. This makes a handle.
    •Sew the two ends of the handle at 90 degrees of the 10" strip leaving about 1" on each end
    •Glue to front underside of seat pan.

You can slip this handle through the GoRuck handle and pull your strap handle forward to close. The 2 contact patches of velcro should hold a good bit of weight.
    Now that I've had my "the caster wing is like a SHELF!" revelation, I'd just thread a buckle strap through the webbing on the back of the GoRuck Field and strap it around the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Now that I've had my "the caster wing is like a SHELF!" revelation
    I had the same revelation. Never imagined, just stuck to the old "it has to go under the seat" mentality.

I can't wait until I get my Icon. If all goes bureaucratically well, I'll be placing the order this week!
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Best of luck IsMaisin. Please tell us all how it works out.
    I can't wait until I get my Icon. If all goes bureaucratically well, I'll be placing the order this week!
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Good luck!

I find the larger under-the-chair pouches can be unwieldy. I prefer a narrower pouch attached to the cushion because I don't have to bend down to reach and the zipper is between my legs rather than behind my legs. Even better for access is a pouch attached to the side rail. But this one doesn't look so good.
    Last edited by Axle; 02-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.

I use this model from CaseLogic. May be it can fit a Icon Wheelchair ?
    Anyway, it is very useful, and barely unnoticeable under your chair if you don't like this look…
    I put in my backpack (the smallest Jansport model) my catheters and pee-bags, and everything else (cellular, wallet, keys, bottle) in my under-seat storage. Very convenient.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Finally took a pic.

Can't really tell how it is attached. If it is attached to the seat pan, I like it. Otherwise if it is any lower, it's too much work to go for every few minutes.
    Last edited by Axle; 02-08-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Can't really tell how it is attached. If it is attached to the seat pan, I like it. Otherwise if it is any lower, it's too much work for go for every few minutes.
    See that strap on top of the front of the seat pan? It's looped over & hangs underneath.

Hey -scott- can you photoshop that logo off the bag?