Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wireless microphone for Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I don't need a USB sound adapter? Also, I've seen the Plantronics headset system, and the Plantronics headset bundle. Would it be the former I'd be looking to buy?
    Alan: Yes, you do not need a USB sound adaptor. You need to purchase the Plantronics Wireless headset with the base for everything to work.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    Alan: Yes, you do not need a USB sound adaptor. You need to purchase the Plantronics Wireless headset with the base for everything to work.
    Is there a difference between that and these?

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/plantron.../90126666.html

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/plantron.../90125646.html

I presume one of these is the same package as your link? Do both come with the ear piece option, or is that only in the more expensive set?

Rakuten.com used to be Buy.com.

Thanks,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan: the two headsets look like a dead ringer for the Plantronics CS50-USB Wireless Headset. I suggest you give Plantronics (800-544-4660) a call to remove any doubts.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I can do that.

I bought the Dragon 12 because it was on sale, but didn't buy the microphone yet.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    Been using one of the Jabra Pro 9470's over the last week myself, and can't get over the level of accuracy/versatility this wireless headset provides.

It plugs into your computer using USB, connects to a cell phone with Bluetooth, and plugs into a conventional telephone line.
    how easy is it for quad claws to put on and take off? I assume there are controls on the earpiece for answering and volume? How do you handle them? Do you use the headset for the computer, cell phone and land line?

I am C5 C6 complete with weak wrist extensors and no feeling in any fingers including thumbs. Jabra makes high-quality products and this one is no exception, I find it easy to put on an off. It does have some controls on the headset but I prefer not to use them because of my lack of feeling so I either use the LCD display or computer. Having said that the volume control on the headset is fairly easy to use and if you can press the back of the speaker you can answer the phone. I have never been disappointed with Jabra headsets as I believe their quality is 2nd to none with excellent warranty. As I said previously I have the headset hooked up to the Jabra GN 1000 handset lifter for a conventional phone which is fantastic for my purposes. It's an expensive product with good noise cancellation but if you can afford I wouldn't hesitate.

Cheers
    Last edited by takenaback; 02-18-2013 at 06:07 AM.

I'm a C5 complete as well, and find the headset very easy to put on/off, but the button on the back to answer calls is unusable for me. That's not a problem, because I answer using the Touch LCD or the touchscreen on my cell phone, but it would be more convenient if I could just press the side of the headset like I can with my Plantronics Bluetooth headset. That said, this is by far the most accurate/noise canceling microphone I've used and would highly recommend it.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

The Jabra and Plantronics headset units mentioned earlier don't need a USB sound adapter, it is already built directly into the base station. All they need is to connect a USB cable from your computer to the base station.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer questions. It's been a number of years since I've taken a look at my Dragon set up. I get mediocre results now and Dragon always seems to cause me to have to reboot after three or four hours. I'm using Dragon version 9.5 with a dell q6600 quad processor, 2.40ghz and 3g ram. Windows XP w sp3.

My current microphone is a Sennheiser corded mic on a parallel arm stand. It's a good vocal microphone, but the Dragon audio quality tool has never given it more than a passing grade.

Got a figure out whether it's worth it to upgrade to the Dragon 12, Windows 8 and a new computer. Dragon 12 seems to have caught up with Gmail and Chrome, which are what I use. That cordless headset sounds like it may be worth it reinvesting.

Allan, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hopefully you find this information helpful too

No problem, Wesley. Public threads are here for everyone to read and post in, IMO.

I ordered the Plantronics CS50 for $129.99 from Rakuten.com (spending more money I don't have.) When it and the Dragon arrive, I look forward to learning how to use them on the computer I barely know how to use. I know I can get help here. Any tips on what to do first, whether the microphone base needs to be plugged in a specific port (I have a motherboard with some usb 3.0 ports, running XP.)

I don't know if I'll be able to put the headset or ear piece on by myself.

BTW, the two links I posted were both the same item. I called Rakuten.com tech support, and they checked.
    Last edited by alan; 02-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Alan