Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat stomach

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    hmm, myths? I told him to cut out sugars and starches....Told him to eat high protein diet... and i also said he must moderate his intake....YOU- told him to eat high protein diet... we said the same thing... and crunches , if he can, will develop the abs but will not be seen unless he loses the fat layer, hence the reason i told him to do BOTH exercise and diet. Since we are talking about someone with a sci, we are limited on what he is capable of doing. Please tell me what "myths" i told him?
    You said 400 crunches per day were necessary. Untrue, crunches do not help develop visible abs. Also you recommended good foods, but the key again, is total number of calories. Their source isn't particularly important if your only goal is to lose bodyfat. Overall health matters, yes, but calorie intake and protein intake are the only real key factors.

MY LEVEL IS C4-C5 , which is high, and by doing what i explained(diet/crunches) my abs became visible.
    Good for you! Are you complete or incomplete? My guess is incomplete based on your pictures if your injury level is that high. I (and everyone else making these comments) is referring to complete injuries. Again, I don't have experience with it, which is why I caveated my statement.

Also, I am curious (for my own sake) about your routine. Looks like you hit the gym pretty regularly, what is your routine like these days? Seems not many people here strength train which to me would seem like an obvious thing paras and incomplete quads could do for exercise with little adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    You said 400 crunches per day were necessary. Untrue, crunches do not help develop visible abs. Also you recommended good foods, but the key again, is total number of calories. Their source isn't particularly important if your only goal is to lose bodyfat. Overall health matters, yes, but calorie intake and protein intake are the only real key factors.

Good for you! Are you complete or incomplete? My guess is incomplete based on your pictures if your injury level is that high. I (and everyone else making these comments) is referring to complete injuries. Again, I don't have experience with it, which is why I caveated my statement.

Also, I am curious (for my own sake) about your routine. Looks like you hit the gym pretty regularly, what is your routine like these days? Seems not many people here strength train which to me would seem like an obvious thing paras and incomplete quads could do for exercise with little adaptation.
    I said "I did 400 crunches a day"... i never said 400 were "necessary"..i just said to do alot....and i never said they develop "visible" abs.. but doing them will build the abdominal muscle. and i said he would still need to lose the fat layer...
    i workout in my garage... bands, dumbells, heavybag, stand/squat..
    ... your last sentence not soo true, alot of quads have no use of their hands making it quite difficult to do strength training.. also some of no use of triceps,again limiting what they can do.

bottom line, proper diet combine with exercise is the key to being heathier, im done going back and forth with you. You are just shooting down what i have said, except your not even acurate about what i said.. You say"thats a myth", "thats untrue", shot down the other guy who mentioned doing some sort of cardio... Yet all you have to offer is saying to "count calories"... nobody shot down what you had to say..
    Last edited by roc21; 01-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    Is is even possible for me to cut down the fat in my belly or to maintain a flat stomach? My stomach is getting rounder everyday. Would any excercise work?
    How do you feel when you hear AB's complain about this?
    Want to strangle them? They don't realize how easy life can be if the just reached out for it. Amazing.

I said "I did 400 crunches a day"... i never said 400 were "necessary"..i just said to do alot....and i never said they develop "visible" abs.. but doing them will build the abdominal muscle. and i said he would still need to lose the fat layer...
    i workout in my garage... bands, dumbells, heavybag, stand/squat..
    ... your last sentence not soo true, alot of quads have no use of their hands making it quite difficult to do strength training.. also some of no use of triceps,again limiting what they can do.

bottom line, proper diet combine with exercise is the key to being heathier, im done going back and forth with you. You are just shooting down what i have said, except your not even acurate about what i said.. You say"thats a myth", "thats untrue", shot down the other guy who mentioned doing some sort of cardio... Yet all you have to offer is saying to "count calories"... nobody shot down what you had to say..
    Not sure how it's relevant that no one shot down what I had to say. Only two factors matter - calories and protein. Bottom line. Crunches are totally unnecessary and tangental to the question. Either way, we essentially agree, just thought some clarification on your points was necessary. Perhaps I overstated in my first reply to you about 'myths' (although crunches are a myth). Rest of your advice was fairly on point.

Do you box on the heavy bag from your wheelchair? What exercises do you do?