Thread: Dr. Young... Does OEG therapy now excludes future trials in the future?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dr. Young... Does OEG therapy now excludes future trials in the future?

My son has recieved enough money in fundraisers for a OEG treatment. If I had to choose, it would be in China by. Dr. Huang becuase I do not like the idea of cutting out spinal cord tissue as per Dr. Lima.
    Now my question. If we opt for my 15 yo. son (who has a C5 injury and is almost 6 mos. post) for a OEG procodure would he be at risk for not qualifying for a future therapy ie. stem cells/ combo ?
    My son is starting to twitch his left thumb and has traces of triceps and traces of wrist movement. He would be so happy to have his hands moving to resume a promising music career. .. thanks Joe

[This message was edited by okwjoe on 02-19-05 at 09:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by okwjoe on 02-19-05 at 10:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by okwjoe on 02-20-05 at 06:35 AM.]

bump

okwjoe, I don't think that getting OEG transplants now will preclude anybody from further therapies although it may well preclude the person from participation in a clinical trial. The reason is of course because the clinical trials would not know whether it is their therapy or the OEG transplants that produced recovery of function. However, once the therapies are available, I don't think that there is evidence that would contraindicate multiple cell transplants in an individual.

Wise.