Thread: Some ?? On Medicare coverage

Some ?? On Medicare coverage

I just went onto ssa.gov to create an acct and saw that I have Medicare part a & b. They are deducting $104 every month for part b.
    Can some one educate me on Medicare. What's the difference between part a & part b? Why are they deducting money from my ssdi for part b?
    Does medicare cover supplies such as catheters, gloves, suppositories, and lub?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tin
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

SSDI automatically gives you Part A, which covers hospitalization, but Part B requires an additional premium (and sign-up). Part B covers outpatient care including physician office visits, PT, OT, some home care, some meds and supplies, etc. etc.

Medicare covers catheters, but not over the counter medications, which would include stool softeners or laxatives, and suppositories. They also do not cover lube or gloves, nor incontinence supplies such as Chux or adult diapers, although they do cover some external condom catheters (sex discrimination in my mind)...

(KLD)