Thread: Advice on attaching pictures and video

Blog Entries

Advice on attaching pictures and video

I've tried several times over the last weeks and I can't seem to get it to work. The "manage attachments" screen comes up, but the "upload file from your computer" box is grayed out, and clicking on "browse" doesn't do anything. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I've tried several times over the last weeks and I can't seem to get it to work. The "manage attachments" screen comes up, but the "upload file from your computer" box is grayed out, and clicking on "browse" doesn't do anything. Any advice?
    Are you trying to upload a file from your computer? If so, use the first box under the white lettered/blue background "Manage Attachments" banner. Your first step is to Choose a File. Select the "Choose File" oval on the "Manage Attachments" screen. You will get a list of all the files on your desktop. From that list, highlight the name of the file you wish to upload and select "Choose File." The name of the of that file will appear beside the "Choose File" oval on the "Manage Attachment" screen. To the right of the name of the selected file, select "Upload." The name of the selected file with then appear in a third box entitled "Current Attachments." The attachment will not show up in your post until you select "Preview Post" or "Submit Reply" below the "Message Box"and "Post Icon" box.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks GJ. How do you get that screen? I click the drop-down next to the paper clip icon, and my "manager attachments" screen looks different (sorry, printscreen is not working either), and the "upload file" box is browned out.
    ------------------
    Well, now it lets me select my file, but when I click upload it says that I'm missing a 'security token.' I'm thinking maybe it's the fates trying to prevent me from embarrassing myself, but now that I've gotten the idea in my head, I want to share my lifting foot and my glacier, swelling and straggly hair notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Thanks GJ. How do you get that screen? I click the drop-down next to the paper clip icon, and my "manager attachments" screen looks different (sorry, printscreen is not working either), and the "upload file" box is browned out.
    ------------------
    Well, now it lets me select my file, but when I click upload it says that I'm missing a 'security token.' I'm thinking maybe it's the fates trying to prevent me from embarrassing myself, but now that I've gotten the idea in my head, I want to share my lifting foot and my glacier, swelling and straggly hair notwithstanding.
    If you are trying to upload a picture the file size may be too large. You need to reduce the file size with the "Resize Photo" option under "Site Navigation," on Care Cure Community, a 3rd party free application like http://www.picresize.com or http://www.resizeyourimage.com or http://www.photosize.com, or an application on your computer.

Once the file is resized, you should be able to upload.

All the best,
    GJ

Blog Entries
    I just realized one is a video. Is there any trick for posting that? It's .mov. Can I convert it to something I can pose?

You'd better upload your video to youtube.com and then provide a link to it in forum post or email. All you need is a Google account.

Blog Entries
    Is resizing a photo working for anyone right now? When I click resize I simply get a new IE window with a "can't display" error message. Any ideas?

When you select "Resize Photo" from the Care Cure Community Home Page, you should get a screen "CareCure Resize Photo" (see below).

Select "Browse." You should get a list of files on your desktop. Select the file containing the photo you want to resize, then select open. The name of the file will appear in the box next to "Browse." Then select "Resize Photo." Depending on your computer system, you may get a screen that asks you how you want to deal with the resized photo, i.e., open now in another window, or save as, etc. That is your resized photo to upload to a thread or post.

All the best,
    GJ