Thread: Please pray for Patrick Garcia, (new brain injury)

Please pray for Patrick Garcia, (new brain injury)

Hi everyone, Please pray for Patrick who is 25.

Patrick was hit by a 18 wheeler truck last Saturday head on. He had his safety belt on but due to impact he was ejected from the auto zone van he was driving on hwy 32 near Halfway, Mo. He had 3 surgeries this week on arm, leg, and stomach wound but may need more if he survives. His brain was bruised and he has been in a coma since last Saturday and on life support. His family is having a special prayer service for him at Ridgecrest Baptist Church.

His family would apreciate prayers for him at this time. We are praying for a Miracle! On Monday they will take him off anesthesia and test his brain for brain waive status. Please say a prayer for him. His Mom Marian was at the hospital quite often when I had my Spinal cord injury in 2002.

Also with all of you out there with experience with this type of injury, any adice, or ideas would be great.

Thanks, Matt

Wish I had answers but all I got is prayers. (and hugs to you too)

So sorry to hear. Hopefully the brain is just bruised and needs time to heal. I hate auto accidents no 1 reason for SCI.

Prayers for strength for everyone..
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

All my best healing thoughts are going out to Patrick and also you and his family. Keep all the positive thoughts going and keep communicating with him. When my husband was in a coma and on life support for 6-7 weeks I played all his favourite music, sang to him, and gave him a lot of very light massages. A friend who is a Reiki practitioner also sent him healing energy and gave me some techniques to do with him. He has said that he did not sense my presence, but there were many times that I could sense that he was still present. Although not caused by an accident, caused by strokes, he was able to pull himself through, and is doing very well now.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).