Thread: When?

When?

The question is this:

When will I be able to go into a doctor, get an injection of stem cells, and regain some motor function?

I'm talking run of the mill operation, standard in the US.

For anyone who thinks they know when, I'd love to hear your answer and why you think it's a good prediction. Thanks.

Mickey,
    When?
    When the SCI community demands it!

When we all e-mail or write one or two letters each week to our elected local, State, and Federal officials.

When we start working for a cure as hard as the researchers.

When our Country is under a leader with hope for the future, and not just focused on war, self-defense, and tax cuts.

When the answer "no" is not acceptable, and impossible is tommorows drug store cure.

When we all find a way to convince others that Christopher Reeve was not and is not alone.

When we all start working so hard for a cure that when the cure does come, it will all seem a bit too easy.

When we believe in ourselves, support one another, and love ourselves and each other.

When each of the 300,000 SCI families in America find a way to raise and donate $1,000 to research funding each year for 3 to 5 years. This would be $300,000,000 million each year and then and only then will we have a cure.

We have the power to fund our own cure, how many of us are saving up for our own cure and can not see that we all will be cured or none of us will see a cure. Let's keep the pressure on Washington, but in the mean time, let's start donating 10 to 15% of our personal cure fund on the research that is underfunded now.

Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder this is when!

EAA,

Well put and inspiring!

EAA-So when are you registering for the rally???

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Mickey

I'd like the answer also

Betheny, I did sign up about three weeks ago and yes it starts with all of us.

Originally posted by EAA:

Betheny, I did sign up about three weeks ago and yes it starts with all of us.
    Thank you EAA!!!

PS I hope you don't mind I copied your earlier inspirational post in this thread to the Activism thread at the top of the CURE forum!

Faye

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

REPOST!!

~If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you~

run of the mill injection-
    honestly, 30 years at best.

sherman brayton