Thread: Cerebral palsy and no active resources?

Cerebral palsy and no active resources?

Hello there.
    My name is Dan. It's nice to meet you all. I have very mild case of cerebral palsy that you could consider a brain injury. I can talk normally, I walked with canes, I have a scooter. In my search for cerebral palsy and or disabled resources you're either wheelchair ridden or have a spinal cord injury put nothing in between. For instance, I'm trying to look for a website which has pictures of housing technology for the disabled and different housing layouts for the disabled. There is also no active forum online that is used on a daily basis for people with cerebral palsy. You guys have any suggestions where I should go online to find these resources? It's funny how when you talk about disabilities you either are old or your bedridden or can't talk. I wonder if it's really true that when it comes to your own disability you don't have many options. Which I find crazy because the Internet is so big. You would think there would be one stop shop for any disability on the Internet. Oh, and I tried cerebral palsy United and it's so hard for them to get back to me apparently..
    I hope there's someone on here that can help me out. Because this is the only active forum I could find. The key word being "active". Thanks for any help you can give.

~Dan~

A completed profile that tells us what country/state/location you live would go a long way to helping find resources. Do you have developmental disability Regional Centers in your area? In CA, these centers provide services including counseling and independent living services to people with CP along with other disabilities. Your local ILC should also provide services to people with CP.

The BrainTalk Communities offer a discussion forum for people with CP. You might want to check that out:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...Cerebral-Palsy

(KLD)