Thread: Stomach Spasm? Looks like heartbeat in stomach! Help

Stomach Spasm? Looks like heartbeat in stomach! Help

My younger brother is a C5 SCI about two years post injury. About two days ago his stomach just started jumping and it looks like a heart beat in his stomach (i guess its a spasm). When you touch his stomach while its beating, it feels very hard. He did have a UTI and is on antibiotics now but since this has never happened to him, we're nervous. He says he doesnt feel any pain or anything except discomfort from the spasm and it wakes him up at night. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

It sounds like a spasm and if he had an UTI it could have been his bladder spasming.

Is he on any medication for bladder spasms? Like ditropan or detrol?

pbr

I think hes just on medication for spasms. Baclofen i think

Seeking your health provider's advice on medications would be in order. Baclofen is a medication for spasticity, but it may not do any thing for bladder spasms. Ditropan (oxybutynin) or Detrol (tolteridine) are first line anticholinergic medications that help with bladder spasms.

pbr

Ever since it started he hasn't been able to go to the bathroom even with a suppository. Is this normal? It's been about 3 days now.

mine will do that also, it will start shaking like my feet with the clonus shaking it really sucks because I can feel that. It happens when I have a lot of gas or have to take a big dump
    C4 incomplete since 1985

When I started having similar abdominal spasms for the first time in my life it turned out to be a kidney stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalme001 View Post
    Ever since it started he hasn't been able to go to the bathroom even with a suppository. Is this normal? It's been about 3 days now.
    I use to have that problem when I took leviguinn or cipro. It made me constipated.

Same thing here 1. Take a dump 2.its gas 3. Eat something your stomach is empty... This is what happens with me.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

when I get disautonomia or AD, you can see and feel my heartbeat from my stomach, but my heart is actually pounding hard and I have profuse sweating and chills.