Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I re-pose this question to wise

I re-pose this question to wise

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    My bad... I just was wondering if there would be a full break-down. Something like:

Patient A came to us as a C_ Asia (x), and after the treatment of xyz and locomotor training the subject is now ___

Patient B came to us as T_ Asia (x), and received just the locomotor training regimen. His status is now this: ___

Etc....

I dunno exactly. But something to that effect
    thank you
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

thank you
    Lunasicc42,

At the risk of repeating myself, in the phase II (CN102B) study that we did in Kunming, we compared five groups of subjects, all of whom were treated with some cell transplant (four 4, 8, 16 ┬Áliter injections) and the last two groups received four 16 ┬Áliters injections with a bolus dose of methylprednisolone or methylprednisolone and a 6 week course of lithium. There were four patients per treatment group. All of the subjects were ASIA A and all of them received 3 months of intensive overground locomotor training but those that were showing continuing recovery at 3 months received another 3 months of training. THE TRIAL DID NOT INCLUDE ANY SUBJECTS THAT RECEIVED ONLY WALKING TRAINING. That will be done in the Phase III trial.

Wise.

Red face Kunming study

Dr Wise,

Exactly what progress was shown to be determined "continuing recovery" at 3 months of drugs and locomotor training to receive 3 more months of "training" And, was that "training" only locomotor at that point or still including whatever drug regime they were already on?

Also, why will "locomotor only" training be Phase III, not Phase I, or its own trial? Seems to me that "locomotor only" training would be the baseline to compare any results of "drug assisted" recovery against.

I am looking for some signs of hope here, not criticizing something I really know nothing about.

Thanks

I don't think the question was so much about the control group, but rather the OP wanted to know if and when there would be a full breakdown or release of the 6 month data. Which Dr. Young has also already answered, saying he doesn't know if releasing the data serves a purpose and doesn't yet know if he will do it. Still hoping he reconsiders...

Quote Originally Posted by ay2012 View Post
    I don't think the question was so much about the control group, but rather the OP wanted to know if and when there would be a full breakdown or release of the 6 month data. Which Dr. Young has also already answered, saying he doesn't know if releasing the data serves a purpose and doesn't yet know if he will do it. Still hoping he reconsiders...

Yes... And as to the part about whether or not it serves a purpose: yes, a positive progress report would serve a definite purpose; if there is a progress report that everything is going swimmingly, it is more likely to garner financial backing

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I think, if I may guess, he would respond that people should be backing the clinical trials regardless and that the effectiveness of the therapies isn't the barometer of the trials; whether or not the data is collected in an unbiased fashion and reflects the truth about whether or not the therapy is effective will be the arbiter of "success".
    To be totally honest, in a world of scarce research dollars I don't think it's ridiculous for people to want to support a "winning" therapy and so in principle agree with Dr. Young but in practice agree with you.

Why is this discussion here and not under the ChinaSCINet thread? I think it's important to keep all of the ChinaSCNet discussions in the same location for future reference etc. Wise, can you please move this thread to the correct place to save any confusion and to minimise the number of times you have to waste your time answering the same question.

Clayton
    "Wheelie Wanna Walk!"

wise, I know and understand that you believe that trials should be backed regardless... I am just aware that "everyone loves a winner"... Could Possibly garner more financial support

wise, I know and understand that you believe that trials should be backed regardless... I am just aware that "everyone loves a winner"... Could Possibly garner more financial support
    This has already been discussed at length in the ChinaSCINet thread where this point has been made a number of times and Wise has explained his thoughts and reasoning. Not sure why you're trying to replicate it here on a seperate thread.

Clayton
    "Wheelie Wanna Walk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoman View Post
    This has already been discussed at length in the ChinaSCINet thread where this point has been made a number of times and Wise has explained his thoughts and reasoning. Not sure why you're trying to replicate it here on a seperate thread.

Clayton

No, this query hasn't been discussed to my knowledge, what exactly are you talking about?