Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate my "new" life

I hate my "new" life

UTIs, chronic pain no one has been able to treat, secondary infections, not being able to completely care for myself, partner leaving me..the list goes on.

I want to just end it, but my family and loved ones would hurt too much.

I envy those with normal lives.

What can I do? I'm miserable

Stay strong hommie I know it not easy. Im 27 got hurt July 29 2012 T4 para had like 7 uti since then my trick is. Lots of water and I use a close cath kit. For pain no luck wit that my ribs stay in pain haven't found nothing to help wit that yet. This new life is tuff don't like it at all but gotta keep pushing for my two boys trust I know how u feel fam don't let it beat u

your broken heart will heal hon.
    It would hurt your family.

your normal is going to have to change.

Envy is useless and self destructive, However may be self motivating too.

something can be done for your UTI.

Also for your pain.

Im having to adjust things again, because like you, I can no longer care for my needs since my physical situation is changing. Im more than happy to share what I have learned in my searches for ways to keep my life liveable with what I have.

what are you doing for pain?
    what for uti?
    and what are the things you can no longer do for yourself?

Hang in there, I'm a c5/c6 quad since 8/09, it's a ruff life but atleast we still have it. I deal with the nerve pain like you yes it sucks I take no meds at all only because I still had the same pain while I was on them. Whenever your feling down think of your kids that's what I do.

There are a lot of us who been where you are. Like you, I would have opted out if it was not for the likely impact on my family. Eventually some good things started to happen just as unexpectedly as the injury. Hang in there one day at a time. Hopefully, things will turn around.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jbridges9 View Post
    UTIs, chronic pain no one has been able to treat, secondary infections, not being able to completely care for myself, partner leaving me..the list goes on.

I want to just end it, but my family and loved ones would hurt too much.

I envy those with normal lives.

What can I do? I'm miserable
    Damn! You were injured on my birthday only last year. The first few years are the hardest. I was injured in 1997 and I'd guess somewhere around 2002 I began feeling less of the brunt of what happened to me. You're not even a year into this injury, but I totally empathize with you.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    Hang in there Jason!! Get some help for depression because it sounds like you may be starting on a downward spiral. Do you have any friends you could talk to or a clergy person maybe?
    Oh, fuck clergy! I ended up in a cult for two years. The only good thing about that experience was I learned the Bible more than most believers.

He needs pragmatism, not more bullshit in his head.

I am three and a half years out and SCI sucks, there is not doubt about it. But things do get better as you adjust and learn how to manage things better. What can you do? You mentioned family, they are great. Not to care for your SCI but just to be family, watch TV with, play chess, go to the movies, whatever. Pain sucks and you should be aggressive about getting it treated, it took me almost 3 years to find the right mix of meds to make it tolerable (it will never go away). Lastly keep busy, I work (I write software for a living) but even if I didn't work I would still either be writing a game for Android or taking online classes. Your biggest enemy is an idle mind.

Blog Entries
    X2 on working and keeping occupied, one of the big benefits for me is that when I am busy, it is much easier to ignore the pain.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

easy there.
    .........I disagree that clergy is bullshit. I was visited by the local catholic sisters, as well as a mennonite group, and they were able to get me involved with some local things like, visiting nurses, Hot meals when I could not make my own food, and a food cupboard that delivered when I could not get there.

they dont have things like that where I moved.