Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SCI Pilot stuff and flying fun etc....

I'm from the underwater community...but I luv flying!

http://www.facebook.com/joe.bartoszek/photos

Sure do miss It

Private Pilot with single, multi engine and instrument rating.
    Think I miss it more than sex.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-21-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Right-size image
    "We are fools whether we dance or not - so we might as well dance."
    Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Boy View Post
    David - I don't know why you can't see the picture, it shows up on my computer. We mounted a seat on the front of a fork lift that I'm using right now. I'm T-7, so about the same. If you could see the picture, you would see that we're about a year away from completion, so it will be a while. I have not flown it yet, but pilots who have flown ercoupes swear that it's as easy as driving your car, so we'll see.
    I can see it on my other computer. That looks like a nice restoration project. I've heard they are really fun to fly, too.

I was wondering if there was any way to make a little door in the side of those (like a Spitfire) or if there is load-bearing structure along that sidewall. If it had a door, you could get in it by scooting up on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by sw1 View Post
    Private Pilot with single, multi engine and instrument rating.
    Think I miss it more than sex.
    Yep, I miss sex A LOT but I'd have to say I'd choosing flying first, too!

This is the Cub I used to fly and now my son is learning to fly in it. It is bitter-sweet to watch him taking lessons in the cub. That was supposed to be me teaching him to fly in the cub and now I just sit and watch him go. I am very thankful that he still has the opportunity to fly it but, man, I have to figure out a way to get in there and control the rudder. We had a plan and I let him down by breaking my back. I will figure it out somehow!

Anyway, I hope to take him flying in the Cherokee soon. It'l be boring after flying the cub but I can't wait take him flying again!

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Boy View Post
    My Dad and I are rebuilding a Ercoupe. No rudder peddles, so I won't need hand controls and it's sport pilot eligible so I won't need to pass a physical. Here's a picture of the contraption we've come up with so I can get in and out of the cockpit.

That looks an awesome project....!

There is a guy at the airport who has an Aircoupe. He walks just fine but tells me he cannot fly a regular with plane with his feet because he "has insufficient coordination.."..?!!

Seems strange that a regular AB is that crossed up with his feet, but he swears by the Aircoupe and loves flying it. Best of luck with that project.

I was sent this video.....it is very impressive - combined rudder and throttle control on the same stick...very cool.

Also, note how he gets in - throw his legs over the lip - you might be able to do this too? (I couldn't - legs way too spastic...)

Quote Originally Posted by STOLhorse View Post
    This is the Cub I used to fly and now my son is learning to fly in it. It is bitter-sweet to watch him taking lessons in the cub. That was supposed to be me teaching him to fly in the cub and now I just sit and watch him go. I am very thankful that he still has the opportunity to fly it but, man, I have to figure out a way to get in there and control the rudder. We had a plan and I let him down by breaking my back. I will figure it out somehow!

Anyway, I hope to take him flying in the Cherokee soon. It'l be boring after flying the cub but I can't wait take him flying again!

David

Yeah, Cherokee's are a little boring. I have rolled one and made stall turns....but I won't be doing it again. The cub looks perfect, a great back-woods plane.....I really hope you can fix a control to the rudder...

Flying stuff

Markb, Do you know how much a set of union controls would cost if they were available?

That video is great!!

I guess we'll all have to set our goals a little higher....

flew a cub. was a lot of fun but not xc material! used to fly over ppl on ground, door open to wave! was lot of fun. i hope you all reach your goal of flying again. what a wonderful experience it is. i so miss it! please keep posting. i can live vicariously!