Thread: Need an ADA Attorney firm for CT

Need an ADA Attorney firm for CT

Hi,
    Anybody know an Attorney firm that can help me for making few ADA related lawsuit in CT?
    Please let me know.
    -----------------------------------------
    My new life started about five years ago.
    C4-5 incomplete

You can look on www.naca.net Most of them are 'consumer" lawyers, but many of them do ADA also.

Just checked and there is nothing to search ADA in nada.net and I've already contacted few of these and they didn't even answer me.
    Thank you anyway
    C4-5 incomplete

Could you please be a little more specific as to what you are looking for?

If you are looking to make a complaint for a reasonable accomodation or for something related to housing you may want to start here.

http://www.ct.gov/chro/cwp/view.asp?...NavCtr=|#45571

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    Could you please be a little more specific as to what you are looking for?

If you are looking to make a complaint for a reasonable accomodation or for something related to housing you may want to start here.

http://www.ct.gov/chro/cwp/view.asp?...NavCtr=|#45571

I hope this helps.
    I'd like to sue few non-accessible new stores.
    C4-5 incomplete

Imo, you should go to the stores and speak with the owner/manager first and see if you can get them to make some changes.

If they refuse, then I would suggest talking to someone from the CHRO, or file a complaint through them. You can hire your own laywer, at this point if you wish, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Are the stores you are talking about new constructions or fairly new?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    Imo, you should go to the stores and speak with the owner/manager first and see if you can get them to make some changes.

If they refuse, then I would suggest talking to someone from the CHRO, or file a complaint through them. You can hire your own laywer, at this point if you wish, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Are the stores you are talking about new constructions or fairly new?
    Brand new stores in fairly new construction.
    I just want to sue them...I tried to talk to the town already and they pretend not to understand and invent a bunch of excuses.
    They just don't care and they must learn.
    If you start suing every store that opens that is not accessible, they learn and they will make sure to apply for future openings.
    I experience already in other town..but they were in NY.
    Greenwich CT need to learn!
    C4-5 incomplete

http://www.ct.gov/OPAPD/site/default.asp

http://www.slsct.org/node/848

There are some phone numbers and/or links on that site gigio. Good luck man.

I'm currently involved with suing a motel in Montana. It's a hard long slog, the motel lawyered up big time, but I'll see justice before it's all said and done.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

gigio, I like your approach. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. They will listen to a lawsuit. It appears Ct is lax and needs some education which the attys you've contacted don't have either. What I am familiar with is that they should contact someone who is a certified ADA expert for Ct who can testify in court. Until you find one who knows how to do that, just keep calling.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by gigio View Post
    Brand new stores in fairly new construction.
    I just want to sue them...I tried to talk to the town already and they pretend not to understand and invent a bunch of excuses.
    They just don't care and they must learn.
    If you start suing every store that opens that is not accessible, they learn and they will make sure to apply for future openings.
    I experience already in other town..but they were in NY.
    Greenwich CT need to learn!
    If they are new, then they should comply with the current codes. If you click on the link I provided, you should find what you're looking for. I have been through the process too. I was very successful in getting some compliance. It is takes a while, but it is worth the effort.

Make sure you document everything and keep good records. Note: you must file within 180 days of being "discriminated against." If I were you I would notify the stores in writing to set that time frame in motion. Good luck.

ETA: going this route is more about forcing places to comply with the current ada codes, thus making buildings accessible, etc. If you are looking for some type of settlement, then you may want to get a private lawyer. CHRO tries very hard to not to push for damages other than forcing businesses to comply with current ada codes. At least that is the way it is in Ct right now. There have been some cases that have sought after more "damages" but very few succeed. I was happy to simply have things made more accessible. I am not sure what you are looking for in that regard.
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 01-02-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: ETA: info