Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for about the last month, and the stories and advice have been inspiring and extremely helpful. Last September I was diagnosed with a begin tumor, intra dural hemangioma. It was removed successfully, and I was in rehab and walking...when a dvt caused a pulmonary embolism that nearly took my life...
    Unfortunately, the anti coagulants I was given caused an epidural hematoma a my injury site (T4). As a result...I'm incomplete Asia B.

It's been quite a series of bad luck to go from where I started (back pain and and drop foot) to where I am today in a wheelchair in just 3 months. I'm hopeful for recovery...I have slight sensation in my genitals and anus, can feel stretching in my legs and a tinglinging sensation when touched.

I'm hopeful to walk again, even though it seems a long shot given my history. Thankfully I have an amazing wife and family too help me through....as well as this site

to the Care Cure Community "Samstone."
    You have indeed been through a lot of bad luck. Hope this site, time and rehab can get you back on your feet.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by samstone View Post
    Hi, I've been browsing this forum for about the last month, and the stories and advice have been inspiring and extremely helpful. Last September I was diagnosed with a begin tumor, intra dural hemangioma. It was removed successfully, and I was in rehab and walking...when a dvt caused a pulmonary embolism that nearly took my life...
    Unfortunately, the anti coagulants I was given caused an epidural hematoma a my injury site (T4). As a result...I'm incomplete Asia B.

It's been quite a series of bad luck to go from where I started (back pain and and drop foot) to where I am today in a wheelchair in just 3 months. I'm hopeful for recovery...I have slight sensation in my genitals and anus, can feel stretching in my legs and a tinglinging sensation when touched.

I'm hopeful to walk again, even though it seems a long shot given my history. Thankfully I have an amazing wife and family too help me through....as well as this site
    I totally feel u im a t5 incomplete asia b and i have the exact same feeling in my gential area and anus also with stretching i feel the pulling sensation. i am 5 1/2 months post injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe8025 View Post
    I totally feel u im a t5 incomplete asia b and i have the exact same feeling in my gential area and anus also with stretching i feel the pulling sensation. i am 5 1/2 months post injury.
    Not too far off from me in terms of timing....here's to both of us getting a hell of a lot more back.

Welcome samstone from North Carolina. We here in Michigan are in a pretty good cold spell right now. Fair amount of snow on the ground. Snow is always difficult to travel and maneuver a wheelchair in. Best to get used to yours so you can get around easier (though you don't have to deal with snow over there). You will find just about any answer to your questions right here on the CC forums. Best of luck to you. Stay in shape. Eat well, Keep yourself clean. Get out and socialize. Keep yourself busy.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Welcome samstone to the CareCure community. Let us know what we can help you with.

pbr

Thank you for all the welcomes...I did have a question on recovery in general. I've heard that vascular injury's in general have a longer window of recovery of function. If that's the case would my hematoma after my surgery be considered a vascular injury?

I'm coming up on 6 months post SCI soon. gaining a good amount of sensation in right leg, genitals and glutes. Can realize when i have to cath..and getting a lot of return in my abdominals. But, other than some spasms that are induced by trying to move, I have no voluntary movement below the waist.

Thanks for any/all advice or experience!