Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First ride of the Year!

its 10 degrees here with good amount of snow, so im on the trainer in the garage. rock on pat.

Got in a 24 mile ride, the sun has come out and it was 43 degrees. I'm a long way south of you guys here in southern Oregon, guess it would be even nicer in California.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    Pat,

It's been rainning here so I did 12 miles on my trainer yesterday....... does that count?

It definitly does Tar!

So glad to see everyone out there doing their thing. There was a time my handcycle was the only one that we knew of. Chair racers really put it down because it had gears. Look at the sport now. Would really like to find a place to send my first bike for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    It definitly does Tar!

So glad to see everyone out there doing their thing. There was a time my handcycle was the only one that we knew of. Chair racers really put it down because it had gears. Look at the sport now. Would really like to find a place to send my first bike for posterity.
    There is a bicycle museum in Ohio?

You make it seem fun Pat!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

As do you J. It is fun. Not sure what I would do without it.

50 and sunny qualified as a nice day today for this softie and his e-recumbent trike. It may not be exercise, but it is a blast and goes as fast as I can steer.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You da man Nonoise! It just drizzeled and was around 39o here in Blaine. I hate this weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    You da man Nonoise! It just drizzeled and was around 39o here in Blaine. I hate this weather.
    Brrr, I'm surprised there was so much of a difference.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I couldn't stand it any more, so I, too, went out for my first ride of the year.

Now I know what happens when you handcycle in snow, even a little snow. I'm covered from waist to shins in gritty, cold snow thrown up by the front wheel.

Guess I'll wear more waterproof gear next time.