Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCS Medical dropping off PPO networks?

CCS Medical dropping off PPO networks?

I thought I'd put some feelers out here for those that might have the misfortune of actually still using CCS Medical.

I still use them even though they have been quite the pain at times (too lazy to switch). Anyway, after 1 month where they didn't file a claim with my insurance, but then "resubmitted" it after I called asking what was going on, now that claim got paid.

Thing is, my insurance (BCBS) says they are now an out of network provider, or at least that is what the EOB says. Being that it is a holiday...maybe I can get some feedback until things open up and I can call them directly.

Anyone getting some weird stuff out of CCS Medical lately? I think I'm going to have to switch to someone else, getting sick of the yearly headaches with this place. And of course...and suggestions for good, non-headache inducing cath suppliers?

I used CCS Medical once many years ago. They were without a doubt the most incompetent supplier I had. I never dealt with the same person twice, which was frustrating considering all the fires that had to be put out.

Wherever possible I prefer working directly with the principals of a company. When they combine both professionalism and friendliness, I know I've got it right.

I highly recommend UTI Medical 877-786-7884. Ask for Phil Dye, tell him CareCure sent ya!

Thanks for the tip. About how long have they been around?

Incompetent...you are being too kind, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. About how long have they been around?

Incompetent...you are being too kind, lol.
    I don't know precisely how many years they've been in business, but Phil's been in the business for a long time. His brother-in-law (CC member Steven Wayne), hipped me to UTI Medical years ago.

Incidentally, Steven is the person who lobbied congress to change the Medicare rules, which at the time limited the number of catheters allowed to about a handful per month, forcing the re-using of catheters and the incidence of UTIs. Thanks to Steven's efforts, it's now 200 catheters per month.

I've used UTI Medical for 2+ yrs never had a problem. always on time.
    DIGG.

Sounds good

Yeah, big thanks to Steven. I heard about that. I remember when I was in rehab and that sorry excuse of a 'counsolor' or whatever his job title was, said that no insurance would pay for more than 4 caths a month. Kinda sounded really bizarre, but I guess it was a Medicare "guideline". Thankfully I didn't have government insurance as I didn't have a sterilization plant at home. Never re-used...never had a UTI either.

Another vote for UTI Med, been with 'em awhile. A few times, including these holidays, they called and sent me some caths "early", as my normal shipment was falling on the holidays, so they sent enough to carry me over until my approved insured timeframe shipment gets here.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

You guys seem to have sold me, lol. I think I'll bail on CCS, tired of their BS after this billing thing and that annoying call asking inappropriate questions when I was at work recently

Well, this is charming. Apparently BCBS (the Illinois version here) has as of October of '12 started to demand that the provider be part of the state network that the customer is in. Before CCS was in Ga, and they were in network in Ga, so it got billed as in-network. But they aren't in the IL network.

Now isn't that the purpose of something like BCBS being a nationwide insurance? BS if you ask me.

Anyway, CCS is not a network provider for BCBS IL...and they couldn't say if they were planning on becoming one. Lovely.

Anyway, if you guys have BCBS, keep an eye out for something like this, maybe this is nationwide or ???. Might be in for a 'technicality' type of surprise out of them.

Did you ever hook up with UTI Medical?