Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1" tire on 24 x 1 3/8" rim

1" tire on 24 x 1 3/8" rim

i'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find it.

anyways...can you put a 1" tire on a 24 x 1 3/8" rim? or would there be difficulties or just a useless cause?

I have Schwalbee marathons on mine. The only problem is, I can't put more than about 90 psi in them or it blows them off the rim. REALLY loud when it does that.

hmmm, don't wanna have to worry bout that. sounds like a bad idea. guess it's easier to go bigger than smaller.

It's usually not a good idea to use a tire that's narrower than the rim.

A has been said, the tire walls will push up over the rim edge when the tube is inflated.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

the same goes for tire too much larger than rim. sidewall of tire is not constructed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    the same goes for tire too much larger than rim. sidewall of tire is not constructed for that.

Nope. I use a 2.1 tire on a 1 rim just fine. Larger tire on smaller rim is okay. Bikes do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Nope. I use a 2.1 tire on a 1 rim just fine. Larger tire on smaller rim is okay. Bikes do it all the time.
    Is that 2.1 on a 559 or 540 wheel? I'd love to put a fatter tire on my gardening chair.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

not saying tire will blow up. it WILL change stability swaying. you may not notice it, but it does. i have done all of that on trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post

going outside of the designed spec for tire/rim "marriage" can cause problems. in addition, the wear on the tire will not be maximum nor will the traction. the tread no longer matches what it was desgned for to touch the ground.