Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure Paralysis Now-Rally!

Good ideas, Brian! We need more, especially ones like sending solicitation letters to the research centers.

I don't know if Hockenberry would be interested. He's a hero of mine, I talked to him about this stuff in October. He's not anti-cure like people say, but he's so much more into the rehab angle...he said if we got cured tomorrow, we'd all still have to have rehab/PT. I think Dr. Young would concur on that. He said look at how different it would have been for him if he'd thought "Well, I'll do that when I'm cured." But he was injured decades ago.

Are you reading Moving Violations? One of my top 5 books. I was so excited to meet JH.

I talked to TIRR today. No email list because of HIPAA regs. I wonder if they would send out an announcement though?

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Betheny,

Do you know what the approximate cost would be, if someone wanted to attend the rally?

"We are only as helpless as we perceive ourselves to be"
    http://adrenalinechick.friendpages.com

Kiran-
    It all depends on where you stay and how you get there. I got airfare for 343.00, 3 nights at Washington Plaza for 120/ea night.Subway maybe 5.00/day... The only other expense would be food and drink and I bet somebody would buy you those. (Now I stand back and watch the volunteers )

Come on, kiran, we always said we'd all get together someday!

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Kiran,

I got a flight from Portland OR for 233 RT on Delta. Check with some others to see if anyone wants to share a room.

~Don't Die Wondering~

Originally posted by toots kazoo:

Kiran,

I got a flight from Portland OR for 233 RT on Delta. Check with some others to see if anyone wants to share a room.

~Don't Die Wondering~
    Kiran,

Both Suzanne Poon and Susan Fajt have offered to help with room costs if need be. You can contact either by e-mail for info.

Here is another offer from the donations thread:
    I can house 4 or 5 people, i live an hour from the rally. I have 2 roll i showers, a completely acessable home, plenty of parking (I LIVE ON 51 ACRES)I can pick people up from the airport
    I also can get us and our wheelchairs to the rally
    Brian
    ~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

I'm going to DC.

My friend Jay and I just booked our flights and room. Washington Plaza for $131.60 per night and round trip tickets from Chicago for $138.40. So for $270 I get to help make a difference, see our nations capitol, and meet you guys in person. I am excited.

jOE

Originally posted by bschiner:

i am not real good on computers but do have some ideas people can do

1. send a letter to as many research centers as possible that would benefit from cure dollars example suggest to the miami project they charter a plane and bring a bunch of wheelers

2. get the paralyzed veterans involved, well connected, lots of members

3. ask rehab centers like shepard and craig for email mailinlists of former patients, invite hem participate

4. contact john hockrnberry, i am reading his book, he could be a speaker and get his media contacts to cover the rally
    brian

Brian, thank you for all the brilliant ideas!

The Committees of the Cure Paralysis Now are working extremely hard day after day, night after night, striving for the biggest success of this historic moment. All members here please work together towards this common goal and make it a reality!

Suzanne

Originally posted by Faye:

Here is an offer from the donations thread:
    I can house 4 or 5 people, i live an hour from the rally. I have 2 roll i showers, a completely acessable home, plenty of parking (I LIVE ON 51 ACRES)I can pick people up from the airport
    I also can get us and our wheelchairs to the rally
    Brian
    Brian, you're very special! What a most generous offer!

How to become qualified for your offer? Any gender-specific? Would you consider to hold any Rally reception on your 51 Acres lawn ? Please pardon me I may be asking too many questions.

Suzanne

Originally posted by jplw:

I'm going to DC.

My friend Jay and I just booked our flights and room. Washington Plaza for $131.60 per night and round trip tickets from Chicago for $138.40. So for $270 I get to help make a difference, see our nations capitol, and meet you guys in person. I am excited.

jOE
    WOW Joe, I am so glad you were still able to get a room at the Washington Plaza for that price!!!!

Looks like you used the UK site to book through
    www.hotelsconnect.co.uk

Glad you are helping to make a difference!!

I look forward to meeting you and your friend Jay in Washington!!

Faye

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Joe-
    I am just so glad you decided to come!

Betheny