Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure Paralysis Now-Rally!

Cool, Bob, I didn't even know it was up yet!

And cspine, awesome, I'll be touching base.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Minor update of Washington Rally featured topic at the top of the Cure forum.

28 wheelchairs and 29 walkers registered so far!

Rooms still available at the Washington Plaza:

cheaprooms.com
    from April 11 to April 13 = $169.00/nt.

expedia.com...$169.00/nt

travelocity....$175.81/nt

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

[This message was edited by Betheny on 02-14-05 at 01:13 AM.]

Rates are $131.60/night right now at hotelconnect.co.uk

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Originally posted by Betheny:

28 wheelchairs and 29 walkers registered so far!
    Beth, have you counted my dearest friend, Monica, from Vancouver? She and I will be running all the errands for the Rally.

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 02-14-05 at 03:15 PM.]

OK, Suzanne plus one. I can't wait to meet you both!

Beth, Suzanne is sure making this trip tempting.

Monica single?

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

Originally posted by november:

Rates are $131.60/night right now at hotelconnect.co.uk
    November, thanks for posting!

I'm glad they have them at that price again!

Note that both Suzanne Poon and Susan Fajt have offered to help people with the room expenses. CC members who have been hesitant to come to Washington due to the expense should take these generous ladies up on their offer!!!!

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~

Leo, as a matter of fact "yes"!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Suzanne

Latest news from the Rally crew-

We have to get moving and get legislator appointments SOON! I'll be contacting some of you tomorrow to see if you will set up the appointments for your state. We can't do it for you, it needs to be constituents. I'll post stuff on getting appointments in a sec. I guess I'll get Oklahoma unless clc says he wants to.
    Leo and Bruce are going to shoot us an analysis of who we need to see based on states represented. I know some people are planning to go but aren't registered. If you're the only one from your state, PLEASE work those appointment desks!

Pam is getting estimates on stage and sound. It looks like we have to use union labor which is high $$. Kap is looking into it. Best estimate so far is $2470.00. We have the breakdown if anybody wants to see it.

Marilyn and Suzanne have leaped into fundraising now that the website is up. If anyone has suggestions of a source we can hit with a solicitation letter, let us know ASAP? We need dinero. We currently have $2200.00 LOL.

Marilyn is ordering great blue shirts that have the CPN logo and say Washington Rally 2005. She's ordering a selection of styles thank goodness, T shirts give me a double chin.

Since the website went up, we've been target spamming certain addresses with a Rally announcement. If you want to do this, let me know, you can use my letter if you want.

WRITE YOUR LEGISLATORS! You'll be greasing the skids for us if you'll just do this! 5 minutes, $1.00 for 3 stamps! Feel free to use my letter if you want!

Faye and I are supposed to have a phone conference with CRPF Fri. I hear that in Washington they've been shocked at what a few hard heads and a buttload of free labor can accomplish.

That's all for now. I hope y'all are excited because I sure am. I can't remember when I last worked so hard and liked it so much!

i am not real good on computers but do have some ideas people can do
    1 send a letter to as many research centers as possible that would benefiy from cure dollars
    example suggest to the miami project they charter a plane and bring a bunch of wheelers

2 get the paralyzed veterans involved, well connected, lots of members

3 ask rehab centers like shepard and craig for email mailinlists of former patients,nvite hem participate

4contact john hockrnberry, i am reading his book, he could be a speaker and get his media contacts to cover the rally
    brian