Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure Paralysis Now-Rally!

Cure Paralysis Now-Rally!

In order to clean up the Cure forum, let's post any questions/comments here.

Our website is up!!

www.cureparalysisnow.org

Welcome and get your rallying shoes on!

April 12!

See Washington April 12 topic in bold print at the top of the Cure forum for details.

On map below: Between the U.S. Capitol and the House buildings is where we will be rallying.

[This message was edited by Betheny on 02-14-05 at 01:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by Betheny on 02-16-05 at 11:51 PM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some good advice:

So, it is a matter of advocacy and making enough noise to attract the attention of the press and politicians. It was like that with AIDS and it will be like that for SCI. It also can't be a flash in the pan. It must be done regularly, every day, every week, every month, and every year. We must stay in view and be heard. As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind. Out of earshot, a sigh of relief.

Wise.

u.s. capitol looking towards north

[This message was edited by Betheny on 02-12-05 at 09:22 PM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigB, don't worry, I'm sure with 100 or so wheelchairs rolling through their grass, we're going to leave our "mark."

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

jimnms,

I'm fired up!

Please obtain a current map with construction sites and closures morked on it. Much of the area between the House/Capitol and Senate and along the Mall has been closed to foot traffic due to construction. I can attest that it is a LONG way around the closures.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Will do, thanks cheesecake.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Cheesecake,

Per the Capital Police officer assigned to us, he recommended we used the drop off points on the west side of the Capital (see them, to the east of the reflecting pool, for buses,cars ect, they are the little circles for those who may not be familar with DC) there should be no problem arriving to where we will be meeting (the west side of the building.)

I will inquire as to exactly where construction may be an issue in April and try to map it out. The Capital Police have been more than helpful and if anyone else has any concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. I will try to get the answer.

Leia

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Just checked cure paralysis now and I saw the announcement for the April 12 march/rally

betheny, i can help with printing flyers as i have a high volume copier and nothing better to do with it. you can count on a few gigs of high res pics of the march too. please respond to cspine_ae@yahoo.com as my other email and notification is all screwed up.

=It's the people that care for you that hurt you the most=