Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting snow off car

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I bought one of these 9 years ago, and it works perfect for me... if high accumulation is predicted I raise my wipers up all the way off the wind shield, use remote starter and wipe off the hood and excess... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr
    I also have one of these...best snow brush ever. My previous vehicle was a Honda CRV and I could reach the roof to knock off most the snow. This is my first winter with my Dodge Grand Caravan...looks like I'll get to try it out tomorrow with the 12" of snow we just got.

For days when it's just ice on the windows I use spray de-icer made by Heet. Spray down windshield, start car & run defrost on high. Also works well on sliding door if its iced shut!

kids ..... I tell them that why I had them, so they could do the chores I can't/won't/don't want to!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Have a lightweight shovel inside as well as in your car ... I find shoveling snow to be the beast before I clear off the car ... like I have to make my way and all around the vehicle.

Telescoping snow brush a must.

Other than that, I get in and wait it out with defrost. I allow 10-15 mins for this before work.

When I'm at work, one of my co-workers does it. Sometimes they own up to it, sometimes they don't ... but my car is on security cam! LOL
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Remote start is my best freind , start/warmup car from in house ..then brushing easy.