Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver and Other Discussion from ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Check out AMSBIO. Researchers have been using their research regeant after Seigakaku shut off sales. This is a new highly purified according to the pdf announced today.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20130221/Highly-purified-Chondroitinase-ABC-for-neural-regeneration-research-launched-by-AMSBIO.aspx
    Thanks Grammy. Very interesting!

@Wise, @Jerry - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post

If this is close to what is needed for clinical study in humans, I would strongly urge the both of you to throw any sway you have into making it a reality. Dr. Young himself has said that if any therapy has a clinical consensus it is Ch'ase and we obviously know how Dr. Silver feels about it. I would add that if you take a look at what therapies the SCI community is most excited about (from looking at this forum) Ch'ase is at or near the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post

I'm ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Check out AMSBIO. Researchers have been using their research regeant after Seigakaku shut off sales. This is a new highly purified according to the pdf announced today.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20130221/Highly-purified-Chondroitinase-ABC-for-neural-regeneration-research-launched-by-AMSBIO.aspx
    Thanks Grammy. My interpretation of this announcement is that AMS Biotechnology is manufacturing this chondroitinase. It says that chondroitinase is formerly available from Seikagaku but I think that AMSBIO is making this chondroitinase on their own. If AMSBIO is willing to provide all the manufacturing specifications for this chondroitinase and they pass FDA approval and inspection, then it can be used in clinical trial. That is good news indeed.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    Look at that. A naturally occurring anti-inflammatory... doin work.
    It will never be explored properly, no one can put a patent on it. There are plenty of naturally occurring potent anti inflamatory substances which can be tried.

Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    pr your opinion on the sélégiline for the stimulation of cells

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22395135

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22284617
    more on pubmed
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19422735
    your opinion
    JustaDollarPlease.org

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    Thank you Dr. Silver. You toil in relative obscurity but you are truly doing something great. I will never forget your name.
    For those of us who have dug to find those with the most time in the game Dr Silver's name is way up there. Case Western has been dealing with the science of paralysis for decades.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

Send kiwi my regards e si cazzo con i tuoi commenti inutili
    We have a fairly simple rule about attack the idea but not the person here. Using Google translator to attempt a slur in Italian, a common first language on international forums like CareCure, attacks not only the person but all those who are native Italian speakers.

Science is based on argueing different theories, interpretations and ideas. But attacking the person, whether a member or researcher, is not acceptable. Capisce? Understood?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    It will never be explored properly, no one can put a patent on it. There are plenty of naturally occurring potent anti inflamatory substances which can be tried.
    This comment is pretty hilarious. I have seen many posts lamenting the patents and costs of licences regarding chondroitinase but now the problem is you can't patent it!! News to me!

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    This comment is pretty hilarious. I have seen many posts lamenting the patents and costs of licences regarding chondroitinase but now the problem is you can't patent it!! News to me!
    The post which I replied to referred to curcumin and not chondroitinase.
    Last edited by ian; 02-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.