Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver and Other Discussion from ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Moe I think you're missing a big part of Dr.Youngs clinical trial network is to expedite future potential therapies through the system. I don't think Dr.Young ever thought umbilical cord cells with lithium was the end game.
    Agree, Dr Young did say he may combine others to work on future trials.IF i am a researcher, I would love people to proof me wrong and help to improve whatever i am working on.

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    No, I'm saying that even if a researcher gets good results in animals it could take 5-10 years of animal experiments just to get FDA approval to START testing it in humans trials.
    Really? The FDA says it doesn't. See http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/byau.../ucm128291.htm .

I think you might be confusing a new erectile dysfunction or ache treatment with a procedure for which there is no alternative treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Moe I think you're missing a big part of Dr.Youngs clinical trial network is to expedite future potential therapies through the system. I don't think Dr.Young ever thought umbilical cord cells with lithium was the end game.
    nrf, allthough I agree with the above, its obvious that you havn't understood my previous posts or simply missed my point.

Anyways were just giving more work to the admins to clean this thread (again) all this off topic material...
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    nrf, allthough I agree with the above, its obvious that you havn't understood my previous posts or simply missed my point.

Anyways were just giving more work to the admins to clean this thread (again) all this off topic material...
    Big Moe,

I enjoy seeing opposing dialogue between neurosurgeons, I don't think you do. I'm sorry but I still like it and feel more informed because of it. I hope you understand.

Basic science is very different to translational science which in turn is very different to a clinical study. You cannot expect a single researcher to be responsible for a therapy from discovery to bedside. To expect that is ridiculous.

Also note that the nature of beast (science can be glacial) is that any science at clinical study stage will likely be objectively analysed by researchers that are working upon lines of science that are one or two generations down the line at basic/translational stages.

If and when Ch'ase gets to the clinic, Hans Keirstead or Murray Blackmore may debate the weaknesses of the enzyme or the viral vector delivery. If PTEN/SOCS3 gets to the clinic, Reggie Edgerton may question whoever the principal investigator is for the trial about the type of rehabilitative component being used in the trial.

May the debate continue - it's healthy. It happens at scientific meetings. It happens at symposiums. Why shouldn't it happen here? If we suppress it, more of our well-informed advocates will leave this forum as they have done recently.

wise, once you stated that you may be accused of just trying to raise funds if you pre-release any positive preliminary results of the trial.... How can that be construed as a bad thing?
    Yes do whatever can be done to raise funds...
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I'm glad this thread is changing for the better. I'm all for debate but with the right tone and time. I hope wise efforts shows promising results in 2013, and also hoping Dr Silver's route finds its way to human trials. As for the tissue, hopefully in the end there would be an agreement on what is the best way, even a mixed trial testing both theories.

Even if we are 5-10 years away I'm exited by what you guys are doing now. Plz keep sharing. Knowledge has given me strength to keep on going.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein

I agree, do others?

Agreed.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

"Moe, really, just a little respect to the man who right now developes technique that may substantially improve your condition. Trust me, that won't hurt your EGO."

Why that was deleted? Jim, again?