Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver and Other Discussion from ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    No, Paolo. Most of these tasks have been already accomplished for testing umbilical cord blood cells and lithium.

Wise I noted that there are few clinical trials happening like the ones of Stem Cell Inc. or Neuralstem and I wonder why they didn't decide to take advantage of these tasks that have been already accomplished for testing UCBC. Was it just politics or also something else?
    I honestly don't know and I would like to understand if possible.

You haven't helped.

Wise this is not true, I have strongly supported ChinaSCINet and SCINetUSA including donating for some time. People can see that just by reading my posts in the beginning of the sticky threads. I have been less supportive lately for the reasons that I have explained as transparently as I could several times.

Instead of being so negative, perhaps you can answer the question that I asked Pelican. What therapy would you suggest?

I fully support the line of thinking of Pelican.
    About therapies, we discussed that a while ago (mainly about biomaterials). For now I prefer not to add more meat to the discussion not to get it too confusing.

Wise.
    I have added my comments in blue in the quoted text.

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 02-11-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipollla
    Wise I noted that there are few clinical trials happening like the ones of Stem Cell Inc. or Neuralstem and I wonder why they didn't decide to take advantage of these tasks that have been already accomplished for testing UCBC. Was it just politics or also something else?
    I honestly don't know and I would like to understand if possible.
    We achieved many of the clinical trial tasks that I spoke about for umbilical cord blood and lithium, i.e. developed the treatments to meet GMP standards, convinced clinicians to agree to the trials, got the trials approved by regulatory authorities and institutional review boards, convinced a company to donate the umbilical cord blood cells for the trials, raised funds for the trials in Hong Kong and China. We are gathering the data necessary to apply to regulatory authorities to take umbilical cord blood and lithium therapy of chronic spinal cord injury to phase III clinical trial. Each of these tasks are specific for umbilical cord blood and lithium.

China strongly discourages phase I first-in-human trials for therapies coming from outside of China. They require that the phase I trials be done in the home countries before the therapies can be considered for trial in China, unless the therapy is manufactured in China. However, we have had discussions with Neuralstem and Geron about doing the phase II trials in China after their phase I. As you know, Geron pulled out. Neuralstem is just starting their phase I. I am uncertain about Stem Cell Inc. and what they are planning to do. To my knowledge, there was no "politics" involved with these decisions.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 02-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.

I didn't know Jerry's peptide was being considered as a replacement for ch'ase. I thought it was perhaps going to be used in conjunction with it. Acorda may not be necessary as Spinal Research has clinical trials planned for ch'ase.

Jerry, as you know, I am a strong supporter of taking chondroitinase to trial. ChinaSCINet is ready to do so. Wise.
    Best thing I've read on this forum. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this possible. Who can I donate to, who can I write to in my support, etc. I think many members here would be interested in this information as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    Best thing I've read on this forum. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this possible. Who can I donate to, who can I write to in my support, etc. I think many members here would be interested in this information as well.

Yes, I feel the same thing, it's time to do it... The most promising thing for chronic sci. Seems like a no-brainer
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    I didn't know Jerry's peptide was being considered as a replacement for ch'ase. I thought it was perhaps going to be used in conjunction with it. Acorda may not be necessary as Spinal Research has clinical trials planned for ch'ase.
    ISRT do not have the resources to conduct a clinical trial. They are a small organisation with zero mandate amongst the UK clinical community at this point in time. Maybe that will change in the years to come.

They can however facilitate further pre-clinical studies - as they have done by funding the Bellamkonda and Jeffreys collaboration for Ch'ase in chronic dogs - in order to convince Acorda to move forward. Bellamkonda's lab has also produced a thermo-stabilized version of Ch'ase.

So, the ball is still very much in Acorda Therapeutics court with regards to organising clinical trials for Ch'ase.

I believe such licenses for use patents from academic institutions come with ethical stipulations. It would be interesting to know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Yes, I feel the same thing, it's time to do it... The most promising thing for chronic sci. Seems like a no-brainer
    That is why it is so very frustrating. It seems like a no-brainer. But the enzyme continues to sit in the pipeline for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    cripwalk, the phase I trial needs to be done outside of China. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    ISRT do not have the resources to conduct a clinical trial. They are a small organisation with zero mandate amongst the UK clinical community at this point in time. Maybe that will change in the years to come.

They can however facilitate further pre-clinical studies - as they have done by funding the Bellamkonda and Jeffreys collaboration for Ch'ase in chronic dogs - in order to convince Acorda to move forward. Bellamkonda's lab has also produced a thermo-stabilized version of Ch'ase.

So, the ball is still very much in Acorda Therapeutics court with regards to organising clinical trials for Ch'ase.

I believe such licenses for use patents from academic institutions come with ethical stipulations. It would be interesting to know what they are.
    Ah, for some reason I thought I heard clinical trials were going ahead - sorry for the misinformation

cripwalk, the phase I trial needs to be done outside of China. Wise.
    Wise,

isn't good enough for the China FDA that Seikangaku is doing clinical trial for herniated disc using chondrointinase?

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/re...&Search=Search

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming