Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver and Other Discussion from ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Shouldn't JSilver's posts be on it;s own thread? Thought this was ChinaSCINet Update's...

This is all off topic discussion which can get confusing.
    I completely agree. Maybe a new thread could be sticky called Dr. Sliver's Research Updates.

I sincerely hope Dr. Silver's research yields great results. I also hope Dr. Young's do, too. I understand that it seems like they may be contradictory, but I can see how they can both be right (or wrong) for as yet unknown reasons.

Let's cheer them both on and fund the one(s) you like best.

However, I don't see how pitting one's ideas against the others serves any useful purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyran21 View Post
    If Dr Jerry Silver have very solid proof that removing the scar will improve the recovery. I would love him to challenge Dr Wise Young on this issue. It can only bring more positive outcome to the therapy.
    Yes if he could let go the rats and push to human trials to proove his theory it will be great. Untill then he should consider creating a new treaad called "RatSCINet Uptate" and stop barging into this one trying to proove himself right compared to a whole team allready far advanced.
    Once he starts human trails showing positive results, then its a different story...
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

If Dr Jerry Silver have very solid proof that removing the scar will improve the recovery. I would love him to challenge Dr Wise Young on this issue. It can only bring more positive outcome to the therapy.
    Solid proof? His paper is under review. It has not (to my knowledge) universally accepted as fact.

As for challenging Dr. Young, I think he did. So what? Dr. Young disagrees. So what? He is in the middle of a clinical trial. He can't just start over with another new idea.

Why don't we lay people let the doctors do their research.

The nerve bundle growing across the injury site at the recent Dr Young's trial is not growing across the scar? I had this big scar on my arm,got it after a cut during my school days,pre-sci of course.At first the scar don't have any sensation,even i use fire to burn it.After a few months the scar gain sensation.Is the a case of nerve growing into the scar? I presume the scar in the spinal and arm is the same? Sorry,if I ask something stupid,just thinking only.
    Tyran, there is a HUGE difference between perpheral nerve regeneration like your arm and central nervous system nerve tracts that, currently, cannot regenerate past birth or for some myelin the age of 3. Peripheral nerves injured by cuts, burns and punctures most often regenerate on their own but this can take some time depending on where the injury is. This is why we can often reconnect severed fingers or hands if the surgery to restore blood flow is fast enough the nerves will regenerate.

It's not a bad question either. In January I injured the peripheral nerves that cause wrist extension in my left wrist and the tips of a few finger tips. I t should have taken 12 to 18 months to heal. My wrist was fine at 6 months out but my fingertips are still numb feeling.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Blog Entries
    Yes if he could let go the rats and push to human trials to proove his theory it will be great. Untill then he should consider creating a new treaad called "RatSCINet Uptate" and stop barging into this one trying to proove himself right compared to a whole team allready far advanced.
    Once he starts human trails showing positive results, then its a different story...
    Moe,

It is not smart to put all your eggs in one basket. Just Because someone disagrees with Dr. Young doesn't make them wrong or right, it's nice that we can all read and form our own opinions. I hope Dr.Youngs trial repairs everyone's spinal cord 100% but I sure don't expect that to happen. Dr.Young can and does defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Moe,

It is not smart to put all your eggs in one basket. Just Because someone disagrees with Dr. Young doesn't make them wrong or right, it's nice that we can all read and form our own opinions. I hope Dr.Youngs trial repairs everyone's spinal cord 100% but I sure don't expect that to happen. Dr.Young can and does defend himself.
    I see your point, The more reserchers the better. It's just the rat testing doctors, since they think their rat teory is so good that they think its better than the current human trials in china, why havn't they started on human trials yet?? the're 2 years behind allready and still no proof to show for. Instead they come in here to criticise with off topic material talking about how much better their own findings are compared to this one... too much barking but no biting... gets annoying
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Blog Entries

I see your point, The more reserchers the better. It's just the rat testing doctors, since they think their rat teory is so good that they think its better than the current human trials in china, why havn't they started on human trials yet?? the're 2 years behind allready and still no proof to show for. Instead they come in here to criticise with off topic material talking about how much better their own findings are compared to this one... too much barking but no biting... gets annoying
    10 years from now the best therapy(if any) will probably be a cocktail of cells,scaffolds,enzymes and others. It isn't prudent to attack what you see as negativity with more negativity. Keep an open mind, both Dr.young and Dr.Silver (and many others) are working hard for us.

Shouldn't JSilver's posts be on it;s own thread? Thought this was ChinaSCINet Update's...

This is all off topic discutions wich can get confusing.

I totally agree. Stephen davies had his own thread and he wasn't even an active member (for whatever reason )
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Maybe we should start a new thread, that discusses what should be on this thread!

The discussion of scar tissue removal is important & may be a future trial of the SCINET's. Discussion between two researchers, publicly, may be the most valued and bennificial contribution to the SCI cause. Progress is made by critical questions and discussion and I glad I can see it here, thanks! The way I see it, is that this thread was created to question, analyse, disperse, and discuss research, findings, and ideas that can be used in clinical trials.
    Last edited by Skipow; 12-26-2012 at 04:11 PM.

On scar tissue, are there any compounds that are being developed to remove scar tissue? I've been excited about the potential of Zebra fish studies and how they have the ability to regrow nerves without scaring. Do we know what makes this possible and have we found a way to extrapolate this into animal/ human trials? If so, will it break down existing scar tissue in chronic cases? Are ther any studies where this is being done, in coordination with other cell therapies (stem cell or UMBC)?

Thanks!