Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver and Other Discussion from ChinaSCINet Update

Yes, that's what I meant. No need to question him. If he fell and hurt something than GBS is very unlikely.

After hearing Murray Blackmore at W2W and then more discussion in a break away session it seems that if he is trying to break down the DNA seen in growth to find the proteins created that promote regrowth than a short cut to the specific DNA sequences might come from people like your friend and others who have "recovered" or those who regained more than any doctor thought they might and ask for a small donation of say...blood? I think I volunteered a man I have yet to be formally introduced to as the first donor..Pat Rummersfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Sue,

I think you ment Guillain-Barre syndrome and not Guillame Barre.

I check in more detail about GBS...

"Guillain-Barre syndrome is a serious disorder that occurs when the body's defense (immune) system mistakenly attacks part of the nervous system. This leads to nerve inflammation that causes muscle weeness and other symptoms."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001704/

Is this what you were reffering to? I may be wrong but what I red about it it so far it does not resemble Daniel's case at all... His case was an injury and not a disorder.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Good question!

I wonder how many histology of cadaver SCI spinal cord Wise has done....

Probably the Miamy Project does that, but I am not sure, anyone knows?

Paolo
    Dr Richard Bungee at The Miami Project was the person to contact on the death of someone with a SCI who wished to donate their cords to science. Since his death Dr Mark Tuszynski at UCSD is in charge of donated cords. If someone has the info on who to contact at his office please post it. Removing the cord for study is done differently than it it is done for autopsy or for medical school anatomy classes. A living will and advance directives need to have this information so a ME or coroner doesn't remove it in the wrong way.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Solan,

thank you for your effort, so if I get it right, that means that there is NO clinical trial planned in Norway with UCB cells as Wise keep saying.

That also explains why Leif ignored my question when I asked him.

Paolo
    No Paulo, Leif ignores you because you don't matter. You are just static that we wish we could turn off.
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Good questions, I would like to know the answers too.

Paolo
    Off-topic, but Paolo, is that you in your avatar prior to injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Hot little rigatoni huh? Mamma mia I need me some sangria!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Solan View Post
    No Paulo, Leif ignores you because you don't matter. You are just static that we wish we could turn off.
    Thanks Solan,

that confirms once more that there is NO clinical trial planned in Norway with UCB cells as Wise keeps saying.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Dr Richard Bungee at The Miami Project was the person to contact on the death of someone with a SCI who wished to donate their cords to science. Since his death Dr Mark Tuszynski at UCSD is in charge of donated cords. If someone has the info on who to contact at his office please post it. Removing the cord for study is done differently than it it is done for autopsy or for medical school anatomy classes. A living will and advance directives need to have this information so a ME or coroner doesn't remove it in the wrong way.
    Thanks Sue.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Le Type, don't try spoil the man. There are not too many of us remained.

Thanks Solan,

that confirms once more that there is NO clinical trial planned in Norway with UCB cells as Wise keeps saying.

Paolo
    Paolo, you are wrong. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Sue, I recently directed the donation of a spinal cord to the Miami Project. They are still accepting spinal cords. I contacted Dr. Jim Guest and he referred me to a pathologist. I am glad to hear that Dr. Mark Tuszynski is also accepting spinal cords. That is very good. Both are very good laboratories and will do good studies on the spinal cords. Wise.