Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the point ?

Thumbs down Whats the point ?

There is a thread for clinical trials specifically , right ? I do not do as much research as I probably should do but it seems to me all there is, is false hope . So I go on sites more than search for cures. If there are clinical trials that you can get into & people are being accepted WHERE ARE THEY & HOW DO YOU GET IN ? I am on medicaid & I am sure that they do not pay for such things. But I believe I could raise enough $ in my town if there was a chance that I could regain something. I know someone is going to bash me or whatever, but is there anyone on here that has actaully been in one of these trials ? If so how much, how did you get in it ?

I have seen posts on this site from years & years ago about it is coming, it is coming . KEEP ON KEEPIN ON

clinical trials don't cost you money to get in, some even pay you, some you may have to pay for transportation and expenses while there but not the trial itself. Try clinical trials .gov
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I dont think its false hope. I guess you are just tired of the waiting for a cure,like the most of us I think.The problem is a small population of sci´s in the world,less support of the goverment = money. Researchers are no wizzards who can perform miracles.....the CNS is probably the most complex thing in the world. Therefore I can say that I´m very satisfied when I read publications or infos of them because we stepped large step forward in this field. So I recommend you to do better research. Perhaps its answers your questions immediatly.

Watch that clinicaltrials.gov space for things that may even improve your health (bone studies, exercise opportunities etc). Keep in touch with your rehab (that was my huge mistake - letting them just slough me off).

I'm giggling to myself here because ... I'm 28yrs into this as of July 2013. Back then, you weren't given a hope in hell.

Lots of opportunity and reason for hope now. You won't finish out your life paralyzed. I'd bet my condo on it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

yes, go to clinicaltrials.gov and search for chronic Spinal cord injury
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I have been there numerous times & when you email the people there are never any responses. Where to go from there I am willing to be part of any trail .

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Watch that clinicaltrials.gov space for things that may even improve your health (bone studies, exercise opportunities etc). Keep in touch with your rehab (that was my huge mistake - letting them just slough me off).

I'm giggling to myself here because ... I'm 28yrs into this as of July 2013. Back then, you weren't given a hope in hell.

Lots of opportunity and reason for hope now. You won't finish out your life paralyzed. I'd bet my condo on it.

I hope not I do great for the most part but lately its been gettting at me . Probably cause I go ice fishing & it is so much more of a pain in the ass. HAHA . I will keep you in mind on that bet if I go another 28 yrs in this damn chair

If they are not responding to emails, you need to take the initiative and find a way to call and in general be a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Do you really think so? I am 3,5 years post injury and I´m about to give up.

Christin

Yes Christin, there is reason for hope. Goto the U2FP website watch the videos they will help.