Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: proud of myself but am now suffering

yea it has helped tremendously so far!! someone was nice and shoveled but no salt. so all that layer of snow slush and ice was left that is tough to go through + snow by my car. the freewheel made it super easy. ppl in my bldg want one!! hope u can save a bit to get one.

nearly fell today while putting my chair together and caught myself. that caused a lot of added pain + trying to get back inside. yikes!! so now i am just in agony and cleaning off my car didnt help my back so now this. oh well... suck it up and deal!!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

The freewheel sounds great. I think it only works for rigid frames though, so I haven't really persued it. Another add-on I would love is the Zinger (I think that's right), but it also requires a rigid frame. My next chair (not sure when) will most likely be a rigid, so maybe then??

We got about six inches here. Someone cleared my vehicle off for me today. This is the first time in a long, long, time that I have not done it myself. It felt kind of nice. I think it may have been a neighbor, who has been trying to get me to go out with him, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find out tomorrow.

Sorry you are in pain. Sometimes it might be a good idea to take a break, when the pain gets too bad. I wish I had better advice for you, but there simply is none. You're right, sometimes you just have to "grin and bear it," but yeah, it totally sucks!. We just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it is not too bad of a winter this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    The freewheel sounds great. I think it only works for rigid frames though, so I haven't really persued it. Another add-on I would love is the Zinger (I think that's right), but it also requires a rigid frame. My next chair (not sure when) will most likely be a rigid, so maybe then??

We got about six inches here. Someone cleared my vehicle off for me today. This is the first time in a long, long, time that I have not done it myself. It felt kind of nice. I think it may have been a neighbor, who has been trying to get me to go out with him, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find out tomorrow.

Sorry you are in pain. Sometimes it might be a good idea to take a break, when the pain gets too bad. I wish I had better advice for you, but there simply is none. You're right, sometimes you just have to "grin and bear it," but yeah, it totally sucks!. We just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it is not too bad of a winter this year.
    yea freewheel doesnt work for xframes :/ is the neighbor cute? nice guy? lol

had a near fall yesterday and trying to get myself back up and preventing the fall hurt the most. so i had a beer with pain meds and went to sleep. not good but man, this is ridiculous! lol

I had a remote starter in my suv and loved it. Light snow and frost goes away, and heavy snow is removed easily. Nice in the summer too. Just leave the fan on high and the ac on and it cools off before you leave!

I use to keep a small bag of salt/w cup in my suv and used it whenever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    yea freewheel doesnt work for xframes :/ is the neighbor cute? nice guy? lol

had a near fall yesterday and trying to get myself back up and preventing the fall hurt the most. so i had a beer with pain meds and went to sleep. not good but man, this is ridiculous! lol
    Lol..Not my type, but a very nice guy. He is about 20 yrs older than me.

Maybe you should get yourself checked, just in case. You might have an injury and not know it. Better to be safe than sorry.

That's exactly the type of situation/injury that lead to my prolapse and eventual hysterectomy ... I just did not have the pelvic floor muscles and I fell but caught myself with such force.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

i'm pretty much recovered from the almost fall. back to my "normal" pain. my left elbow tho is so bad i was ready to bang it with a hammer lol but made a makeshift icepack out of snow in a ziplock bag. sigh.. things we go through.

Very sorry to know about the pains and the aches you are through but in spite of that you have been tackling with the snow that shows how courageous you are and keep it up.

Do you folks seriously roll around in snow? How does your chair get any traction? Granted, I have a long uphill driveway from my house to really get ou so I alway need to wait until driveway is plowed and then still wait. Driveway is so steep it is nearly impossible giong up when wet. Could probably go up zig-qag, but that probably take forever.

yes i roll in snow. big knobby tires help with traction. dont you have a garage to put your car in and then get into the car while inside?