Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuuming, mopping & other chores from a wc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vacuuming, mopping & other chores from a wc

Not easy, yet not completely impossible, as these three videos prove! (nope, still can't get out of chores lol)

- Watch a sexy Euro paraplegic's (fasteddy) 9 minute how-to video on how he cleans everything, including buying a extender handle for his squeegee to still clean his mirrors.

- A para mopping his floors backwards

- And another para vacuuming with a cord. Not easy!

Check em out: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...out-of-chores/
    May the fetus you save be gay

I just switched to a cordless stick vac. It is a game changer.

Before this I insisted on on using a real vacuum cleaner with a cord and all.

The right tool changes everything!

Two words Hoover Floormate does it all

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Not easy, yet not completely impossible, as these three videos prove! (nope, still can't get out of chores lol)

- Watch a sexy Euro paraplegic's (fasteddy) 9 minute how-to video on how he cleans everything, including buying a extender handle for his squeegee to still clean his mirrors.

- A para mopping his floors backwards

- And another para vacuuming with a cord. Not easy!

Check em out: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...out-of-chores/
    What's the big whoop 'bout a para cleaning? It's like watching a para brushing his teeth.

Show me a c5 mopping the floor.... now then I'll be impressed and might actually learn something!

I use a wheelchair 24 / 7 and i dont have any problem vacuming with our dyson..i do it just like everyone else does just takes me longer...

Free roaming rabbits and carpet? Ewwwwwwwwwww! And I wish they sold those commercial reachers in the US. In Italy many stores are small so those suckers can grab a wine bottle off a shelf 20 feet up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Fixing the bed.

Changing the bedding and fixing the bed with fitted sheets is a workout in itself!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Changing the bedding and fixing the bed with fitted sheets is a workout in itself!

Ti
    I agree. I have severe scoliosis as I lean to the right a lot, and it takes me two hours to change out the sheets on the bed, and putting fresh ones on. Even when I'm on the bed which is a queen-size. Even carrying them out to the garage where my washer and dryer is, in my wheelchair, is a workout in itself too.
    Samantha

@chick....i think mopping sitting down is a skill, fully-functioning hands or no! mopping, then backing up, and over again....trying not to make marks on the floor...

guess we'll have to disagree on this one, lady.
    May the fetus you save be gay