Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuuming, mopping & other chores from a wc

When I mop, I use a small bucket with wheels to make it easier to move around as I mop. A squirt bottle with vinegar and water, just doesn't seem like it would clean enough for me, but good for him, at least he is doing it.

Hi i do not own a roomba but I have 2 dirt devils that work decent for me

I've always wanted a roomba but never had the funds for one

I hear they are pretty decent and all

maybe someday

BTW happy 1st 2013

Love ya all
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Changing the bedding and fixing the bed with fitted sheets is a workout in itself!

Ti
    I agree. I have severe scoliosis as I lean to the right a lot, and it takes me two hours to change out the sheets on the bed, and putting fresh ones on. Even when I'm on the bed which is a queen-size. Even carrying them out to the garage where my washer and dryer is, in my wheelchair, is a workout in itself too.
    Samantha

@chick....i think mopping sitting down is a skill, fully-functioning hands or no! mopping, then backing up, and over again....trying not to make marks on the floor...

guess we'll have to disagree on this one, lady.
    May the fetus you save be gay

@sugarcube - a small bucket on wheels is a great idea!
    May the fetus you save be gay

i use a swiffer wetjet on our pergo. still same routine. you still work backwards out of the room.

i dunno why mopping the floor backwards is noteworthy. every AB i know mops their floors this way. hell my mom taught me to do that as she hated having footprints on the clean spots so she has done that since she was a kid. my gimpy friends clean this way as well.

i... just want a hot dude to pay to clean for me lmao
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i dunno why mopping the floor backwards is noteworthy. every AB i know mops their floors this way. hell my mom taught me to do that as she hated having footprints on the clean spots so she has done that since she was a kid. my gimpy friends clean this way as well.

i... just want a hot dude to pay to clean for me lmao

LOL, me too!

I use a 1 1/2 gallon shop vac with a 2hp motor. It is small, lightweight and powerful. The large handle on the top is easy to slide a hand under reducing amount of grip needed to set it on my footplates and wedge it between my feet where it stays nicely controlled. This thing sucks up everything - even cat hair and kitty litter. And the best part is the same vacuum can be set up to use as a wet vac to help clean up wet spills like say a dropped yogurt cup that you managed to run over trying to pick up. A spray bottle with a mild soap solution applies to the spot after first vacuuming gets sucked right up and prevents stains and spots. And being light weight with that big handle it is easy to clean out.

For the mopping nothing beats swiffer.

I broom sweep our kitchen then use a Shark Steam Mop to mop it, will never go back to bucket n mop again for the floors. Start in the far corner and work my way backwards to the laundry room. My wife mostly does the vacuuming as I don't get neat enough tracks for her. We have a US made Simplicity, man the thing has a powerful beater.