Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pain getting the better of me

Has anyone tried going to a chiropractor to see if back adjustments will help ease their pain?
    I know we are all grasping at straws hoping one will have the magic formula. For just a general question taking into account the amount of pain you're in how much would need to subside for you to say I could live with this. .

Currently as I mentioned the lyrica has eased the burning in my stomach could I live with this amount of pain the rest of my days.. Questionable!
    I've also gone through the scenario of if they told me they could fix one or two of the pains I'm currently suffering through which would they be the back, stomach or hip. . That decision changes from day to day hour to hour right now it would be in my hip. . :-)

I'm really hoping a new cushion will help even just a little and maybe some Dr. From the UC Davis medical clinic will have even more answers. . If they will accept me :-)

StevieP thanks for the heads up about the tape might have to try that one of these days. . Hope everyone had at least A somewhat decent weekend. .

Take care, Chris
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

I went and will never again. Neck in a brace for two weeks. Very dangerous. Scared the fuck out of me when he did that quick neck turn thing and twisted my body to pop my back. I was thinking, did I explain my history well enough? Ask your Doc aabout Nucynta. The stronger kind, it has helped a bit with pain. I have heard that deep massage can be helpful if one can afford a really good masseuse.
    Last edited by xtravla; 01-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.

It's just trial and error for us all. Nucynta did nothing for me, Opana, topamax, cymbalta, lyrica, and some others I don't remember either did nothing or had side affects. I have'nt tried methadone yet, it's about all that is left for me when the ms morphine stops working. I use percacet for the break through and metholcarbamal for the muscle spasms.

Finding the right cocktail for yourself is the hard part. The thought of getting my neck cracked, scares the bageebies out of me!

One thing I have found is the pain medications do not do anything for my arthritis and I have to take something like Aleve to help with that. I try not to do that too often since I take so many meds now, but sometimes it helps out.

It stinks how hard it is to get a hold of your doctor.

I'm convinced some of my pain is from a pinched sciatic nerve but convincing my doctor of that is going to be a battle then maybe I'm hoping for an easy fix.

How many of us get driven over the edge because of non stop pain!!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)